Motorola has recently released an update to its Android smartphone the Motorola RAZR i. If you have already updated your smartphone to this latest version then you might just need to follow this guide to root your Motorola RAZR i. The device is really beautiful in the hands of developers as it runs on an Intel Atom 2 GHz Soc processor with PowerVR SGX540 a graphics chip. The stock ROM doesn’t really put extra butter on the smartphone as most of the things you can do with the phone are restricted without rooting it. It is said that the true potential of an Android smartphone are only unleashed when the device is rooted. So, lets just jump into this guide to root the Motorola RAZR i running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Before you proceed
- Make sure you are updated to Android 4.1.2
- It is recommended to backup all data from your smartphone.
- We are not responsible if you damage the device during the root procedure.
- Device drivers – Download
- Root flash-able file – Download
Steps to root Motorola RAZR i running Android 4.1.2
- Connect your smartphone to computer and copy root flash-able file into your internal memory (internal SD card).
- Disconnect the smartphone from computer and turn the device off.
- Turn on the device and boot into CWM recovery or any other recovery that you have installed.
- Make a nandroid backup for the safety as it will help you to revert back to original things if you mess up during the guide.
- Select an option to update zip and choose the flash-able zip which you placed in your internal SD card in step 1.
- Flash the zip and reboot your smartphone.
If your phone boots up successfully then you can check the root status by simply checking for an app icon called superuser in applications menu.
Do comment below if you’re stuck with any problem. Good luck.