ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6 Specification:
|Model||Z370 Gaming K6|
|CPU Socket Type||LGA 1151 (300 Series)|
|CPU Type||Supports 8th Generation Intel Core Processors, and Intel Pentium and Celeron Processors for Socket LGA1151
* Not backward compatible with older generation of LGA 1151 CPUs
|Supported CPU Technologies||Turbo Boost Technology 2.0|
|Onboard Video Chipset||Intel HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
– Supports Intel HD Graphics Built-in Visuals: Intel Quick Sync Video with AVC, MVC (S3D) and MPEG-2 Full HW Encode1, Intel InTru 3D, Intel Clear Video HD Technology, Intel Insider, Intel HD Graphics
– DirectX 12
– HWAEncode/Decode: VP9 8-bit, VP9 10-bit (Encode only), VP8, HEVC (MPEG-H Part2, h.265), AVC (MPEG4, h.264), MPEG2-Part2 (h.262), JPEG/MJPEG, VC-1
– Max. shared memory 1024MB
* The size of maximum shared memory may vary from different operating systems.
– Three graphics output options: D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI
– Supports Triple Monitor
– Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 30Hz
– Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
– Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920×1200 @ 60Hz
– Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
– Supports HDCP with DVI-D and HDMI Ports
– Supports 4K Ultra HD (UHD) playback with DVI-D and HDMI Ports
|Number of Memory Slots||4×288pin|
|Memory Standard||DDR4 4333+(OC)*/ 4000(OC)/ 3866(OC)/ 3800(OC)/ 3733(OC)/ 3600(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133
* Please refer to Memory Support List on ASRock’s website for more information.
* 8th Gen Intel CPU supports DDR4 up to 2666.
|Maximum Memory Supported||64GB|
|Channel Supported||Dual Channel|
|PCI Express 3.0 x16||3 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE2/PCIE4/PCIE6: single at x16 (PCIE2); dual at x8 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4); triple at x8 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4) / x4 (PCIE6))*
* Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
|PCI Express x1||3 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots (Flexible PCIe)|
|Other Slots||1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 Wi-Fi/BT module
15µ Gold Contact in VGA PCIe Slot (PCIE2)
|SATA 6Gb/s||6 x SATA3 6.0Gb/s Connectors, support RAID, NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug*
2 x SATA3 6.0Gb/s Connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
* M2_1, SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the others will be disabled.
* M2_2, SATA3_4 and SATA3_5 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the others will be disabled.
|M.2||1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports M Key type 2230/2242/2260/2280 M.2 SATA3 6.0Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32Gb/s)**
1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_2), supports M Key type 2230/2242/2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32Gb/s)**
** Supports Intel Optane Technology
** Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
** Supports ASRock U.2 Kit
|Audio Chipset||Realtek ALC1220|
|Audio Channels||7.1 Channels|
|LAN Chipset||Intel I219-V|
|Second LAN Chipset||Intel I211-AT|
|Max LAN Speed||Dual 10/100/1000Mbps|
|Rear Panel Port||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
1 x D-Sub Port
1 x DVI-D Port
1 x HDMI
2 x RJ-45 LAN Ports with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A Port (10Gb/s) (ASMedia ASM3142) (Supports ESD Protection)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C Port (10Gb/s) (ASMedia ASM3142) (Supports ESD Protection)
4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports (Intel Z370) (Supports ESD Protection)
* 1 x Fatal1ty Mouse Port (USB 3.1 Gen1) is included.
* Ultra USB Power is supported on USB3_34 ports.
* ACPI wake-up function is not supported on USB3_34 ports.
1 x Optical
HD Audio Jacks: Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone (Gold Audio Jacks)
2 x Antenna Ports
|Onboard USB||3 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 6 USB 2.0 ports) (Intel Z370) (Supports ESD Protection)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Intel Z370) (Supports ESD Protection)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (ASMedia ASM1074 hub) (Supports ESD Protection)
1 x Front Panel Type C USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (ASMedia ASM1074 hub)
|Other Connectors||1 x COM Port Header
1 x TPM Header
1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
1 x RGB LED Header
* Supports in total up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip
1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)
* The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
1 x CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)
* The CPU Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
2 x Chassis Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
1 x Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin)
* The Chassis Optional/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 1.5A (18W) fan power.
* CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2 can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
1 x Front Panel Audio Connector (15µ Gold Audio Connector)
1 x Thunderbolt AIC Connector (5-pin)
1 x Dr. Debug with LED
1 x Power Button with LED
1 x Reset Button with LED
1 x XMP Switch
|Dimensions (W x L)||12.0″ x 9.6″|
|Power Pin||1 x 24-pin ATX Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
1 x 8-pin 12V Power Connector (Hi-Density Power Connector)
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6 BIOS:
Now let’s have a look at the ASRock BIOS and see what settings we can play around with. Do not that the ASRock Z370 Gaming K6 comes with dual BIOS so you can stop worrying about bricking your motherboard when updating bios. At the time of review, we used the latest bios available, 1.30.
So the BIOS is accessed by pressing the DEL key like on any other motherboard. The BIOS is divided into two parts for different users, the EZ mode, and the advanced mode. By default, you will be taken to the EZ mode. From here you can see different information about your system like the CPU, CPU speed, RAM capacity, RAM speed, XMP profiles, Storage etc. You can also see and change the fan speed and the boot priority. Also, by pressing the bottom right section of ‘Tools’, a popup will appear.
This popup has three tabs, one for Instant Flash, one for Internet Flash and one for FAN-Tastic Tuning.
This is what the FAN-Tastic tuning application looks like. You can either use one of the 4 pre-loaded presets or set up your own curve for fans individually or collaboratively.
The Advanced mode of the BIOS can access by pressing the F6 hotkey on your keyboard or pressing on the Advanced Mode tile. So we have a nice red-ish background. There are about 8 different tabs in the BIOS and you’ll land in the main tab by default. From here you can see the CPU and Memory details. Also, in this bios, you can add things ‘favorites’ by pressing the F5 hotkey.
And this is the tab where you’ll be spending most of your time if you’re into overclocking, OC Tweaker. This tab basically houses every setting of CPU, memory, and voltage regarding overclocking. And also, in some other brand’s BIOS, you’ll find the save profile options in the exit tab, but that’s also present here so everything can be done in one place.
In the Advanced tab, you’ll find some more CPU, chipset, storage, power and other configuration options.
In Tools, you’ll find the RGB LED customization application, EUFI Tech Service, Raid setup, boot manager and some other options.
And in the H/W Monitor tab, as you’d guess, you’ll find the system information like voltage and temperature readings. And you can also adjust some FAN and temperature related settings.
Then we have the Security tab for BIOS and system protection.
Then we have a tab for boot related options.
And finally, we have the Exit tab to save changes and exit or load defaults etc.