LOS ANGELES, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Ahead of next week’s 2014 Game Developers Conference inSan Francisco, cloud graphics pioneer, OTOY Inc., today announced that game developers worldwide will be able to leverage Brigade, its path tracing and rendering technology for photorealistic next-generation games, through Amazon EC2 in the second half of the year. OTOY is concurrently launching a seamless physically-based art pipeline for Brigade, shared with OTOY’s OctaneRender™ software and supported across all major 3D modeling packages.
- Expanding the Brigade developer program – Through Brigade, OTOY is now helping leading game developers explore the potential of cloud computing for the delivery of next-generation games. Brigade is a powerful graphics API that can easily replace Microsoft DirectX® or OpenGL® graphics within popular game engines such as Epic Games’ Unreal Engine or Unity, serving as a backend for superior graphics without disrupting the game logic. Harnessing the power of the cloud, Brigade’s sophisticated technology enables real-time ray tracing and path tracing of game environments, simulating light as it appears in the real world to deliver in-game interactive graphics that are on par with the best movie effects of today. Frames that traditionally have taken minutes or longer to render now do so in fractions of a second, allowing for a fluid game experience streamed to consumers’ homes without the need for expensive hardware.
- Next generation final render art pipeline for Brigade, powered by OctaneRender™, supported across all major 3D modeling tools – OctaneRender™, OTOY’s acclaimed rendering software, and Brigade now share the same code base, allowing extraordinarily complex 3D scenes, materials, lighting and objects rendered in OctaneRender™ to be effortlessly loaded into Brigade for gaming and other interactive applications. Similarly, Brigade is now compatible with 15 of the top modeling programs through OctaneRender™ plugins. The end result is a pain-free art pipeline that lets developers easily transition detailed game assets from the program of their choosing to Brigade.
- Developing via Brigade on Amazon EC2 – Delivering physically accurate photorealistic games demands a compute-intensive environment that’s affordable, scalable, and up to the task. In the second half of 2014, OTOY will make Brigade Amazon Machine Instances (AMIs) available via Amazon EC2 to facilitate testing and development of next-generation games.
“We’re quickly approaching a time where rasterization-based gaming APIs won’t be able to keep pace with the realism gamers demand,” said Jules Urbach, Founder and CEO, OTOY. “As media and entertainment companies look to leverage existing assets across movie, television, and game mediums, and as we face an ever more connected future, the top game studios know that the cloud is the logical solution. We have the distinct pleasure of working with several premiere developers using Brigade to explore jaw-dropping next-generation games, and with today’s announcement we look forward to getting Brigade into even more developers’ hands in the near future.”
About OTOY Inc.
OTOY Inc. is the definitive cloud graphics company, pioneering technology that is redefining content creation and delivery for media and entertainment organizations around the world. OTOY’s Academy Award®-winning technology is used by leading visual effects studios, artists, animators, designers, architects, and engineers, providing unprecedented creative freedom, new levels of realism, and new economies in content creation and distribution powered by the cloud. For more information, visit www.otoy.com.
- Get screenshots of Brigade in action here.
- Arrange a meeting about OTOY’s technologies including Brigade at the Game Developers Conference,March 19th to 21st at the Moscone Center in San Francisco by contacting us here.
- For a demo of Brigade, visit the OTOY booth #512 at the GPU Technology Conference, March 24th to 27th at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, or arrange a meeting by contacting us here.
- Check out OTOY’s panels at the GPU Technology Conference here.
- Read more about OTOY’s advisory board here.
- Follow OTOY on Facebook and Twitter.
- Download the OTOY logo here.
- Get more images rendered using OTOY software here.
SOURCE OTOY Inc.
CONTACT: Will Willis, 917 679 3510, firstname.lastname@example.org