It is evident that Thermaltake took their time with this design, thinking everything through making things work where they should not. This is a Mid-Tower Chassis that supports at most an ATX board, but I was able to fit an E-ATX board. The reason they don’t list E-ATX or SSI EEB is because E-ATX is not exactly what gamer’s think it is or most PC builders for that matter. E-ATX’s measurement is actually 12” x 13” and the EVGA X99 Classified is actually 12” x 10.38”, just under E-ATX standards. Gaming board’s definition for the E in E-ATX is Enthusiast not Extended. While the EVGA X99 Classified and its dimensions fit, surely a 12” x 13” board will not.
Along with that forward thinking, they allow for a ton of drive options and even support the mostly forgotten optical drive.
- Amazingly affordable
- Intelligent use of space inside and outside of the case
- Drives on top of the PSU cover
- Drives on the backside of the case
- Space for drives and cables on the back
- Allows for many drives
- Allows for many different Liquid cooling options and placements
- Allows for many different air cooling options and placements
- Includes all the accessories needed
- Offers a very large windowed side panel
- Generous grove for screwing in cards is very welcomed.
- 25” are multi-function and allow for Opticals, and/or 2.5” drive and/or 3.5” drives or to entirely remove 5.25” bays
- Very well ventilated
- More than you will expect from a Mid Tower Case
- Does not include lighted fans (though you can buy the RGB version instead: https://geni.us/6NAIJBN?khsn) or you can buy other lighted fans
- Allows for 3 drives in the drive cage and 3 in the back, but not at the same time. Should include extra trays or at least an option to purchase them.
- Cable ties are pretty bad, can barely be called cable ties.
While there are cons, they are not con enough to detract from the final score of 5 Stars, high recommended. This case fits just about anything and everything larger cases fit for a fraction of the cost and size. Amazing job Thermaltake.