One of my friends saw The Conjuring in theaters and told me it was the scariest move in the last 12 months hands down, the terror of the film isn’t the gore, violence like most horror movies these days but the atmosphere is what sets the tone and will leave you wishing you didn’t turn the lights off to watch this one.
Well, this is your chance, have fun with the interactive Gif’s and 5 things to know about The Conjuring, then go ahead and enter The Conjuring Blu-Ray Giveway at the end of the post, tell us which Gif is your favorite and if you saw the film what you thought of it. If you haven’t seen the film do you know somebody who has and what did they say about it?
1) The Conjuring is directed by the acclaimed James Wan, the Australian-born director of the fright-fests Insidious and the Saw series. His Twitter handle is @CreepyPuppet.
Say no more.
2) The Conjuring has been given an “R” rating by the MPAA. Not because of blood, gore, or violence, but simply because it’s just so scary from start to finish!
3) The Conjuring’s cast and crew experienced creepy events during filming. Scratches appeared out of nowhere on Vera Farmiga’s computer soon after she agreed to act in the movie, the crew were routinely woken by something in the “witching hour” between 3 and 4AM, and the real-life Carolyn Perron fell and broke her hip while visiting the set.
4) The Rhode Island farmhouse where The Conjuring is set once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who tried to sacrifice her children to the devil and killed herself in 1863.
5) Hold your applause! The Conjuring will make you terrified to clap! Whether it’s playing a traditional game of hide-and-seek by following the clapping sounds like the mother and daughter in the movie, or being terrorized by ghostly claps in different rooms of the haunted farmhouse, these claps throughout the movie will give you the creeps!