Ah, another year, another round of Ellen Degeneres’ 12 Days of Giveaways. Are you like me ‒ stuck at home, wrapped in a jumbo comforter on the couch, watching one audience after another going home with a sleigh full of gifts? To be honest I’m quite lucky enough as it is and like to count my blessings. However, inside all of us is that little kid ticking off the days to Christmas on their calendar, dreaming of the brightly wrapped packages that lay ahead in our future. What if I told you that a few of those packages could be signed by Ms. Degeneres herself? Yup, you and I just may get the chance to join in on the fun and have Ellen play Santa for us this year!
Didn’t manage to get tickets? No problem! Ellen has given us 4 ways to ask her pretty please and have all the prizes she gives away ‒ like [easyazon-link asin=”B003O6EE4U”]Xboxs[/easyazon-link], [easyazon-link asin=”B0047DVWLW”]iPads[/easyazon-link], and [easyazon-link asin=”B0051VVOB2″]Kindle Fires[/easyazon-link] ‒ delivered to our doorsteps. They’re all pretty easy but for those who are unsure of how to do so, here’s a step by step rundown of how you can enter each contest. Put your thinking caps on ‒ no not really ‒ and get ready to test your luck…
Method 1: Enroll on Ellentv.com
- Go to ellen.warnerbros.com/12daysofgiveaways and scroll down.
- Fill out the Enter Giveaway form completely and honestly. Do not try to enter twice under a different name or you will be disqualified.
- Repeat this process for each of the giveaway days and cross your fingers for good measure. The last part is optional.
Method 2: Facebook It Up
- Go to the 12 Days of Giveaways page of Ellen’s Facebook.
- Like the page. No seriously, do so, this is not optional. Who doesn’t like Ellen anyway?
- Click the Enter to Win button and fill out the form completely and honestly. Do not try to enter twice under a different Facebook account or you will be disqualified.
- Repeat this process for each of the giveaway days and…you guessed it…cross your fingers. Again, this is optional.
Method 3: Check In on Getglue
- Sign up for a Getglue account if you haven’t already.
- Visit the Ellen Show page and click the Check-in button. You have the option to broadcast your check-in on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr.
- Repeat this process for each of the giveaway days. I think you get my point about good luck superstitions.
- Spend some time to get to know Getglue? To be frank I’ve never used it but it seems like a neat concept. Oh and if you’re wondering, that last step was all you needed to do. You’ve been entered!
Method 4: Tweet, Tweet, Tweet
- Log into your Twitter account from your PC, Laptop, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Droid, Kindle Fire…*gasps for breath* you get the idea.
- In the what to tweet box type “@TheEllenShow give @persianpoetess some 12 Days presents!” Just kidding ‒ simply type @TheEllenShow along with the hashtag #PickMeEllen.
- Wait for the Twitter Birdy to deliver your message and hope the Fail Whale doesn’t accidentally land on top of it.
- Repeat this process for each of the giveaway days…take up voodoo magic to make it happen for sure. No please ‒ do not do the latter.
There you have it. Good luck all and may your holidays be merry and spirits be bright. Now if you excuse me, it is time I pay tribute to the Ellen Shrine in my closet in hopes of improving my chances…Toodles!
Mitra Faridian first joined the site in 2011 under the handle “Persian Poetess.” Her gaming and entertainment taste is very eclectic and she’s always open to a fun new virtual adverture. Email her at the following address: mitra [at] dragonblogger.com