When it comes to exploring the great outdoors, technology has made so many advancements to make the experience even better. From cameras to solar chargers to portable coffee makers, there are so many ways to make it an unforgettable and safer experience. If you or someone you know is a big fan of spending their weekends exploring, we put together some of the best gifts available.
Solar Charger RAVPower
Few things best the importance of having energy everywhere you go. The last thing you ever want to deal with is not having electricity when you’re exploring the great outdoors. That’s where the solar charger from RAVPower comes in. It is waterproof and compatible with almost any device out there so you can be sure to have power no matter what type of device you have.
- 24W solar charging technology increases the efficiency of charging by up to 21.5% – 23.5%
- All three USB ports are equipped with iSmart technology, which automatically detects and delivers the optimal charging current for connected devices; up to 2.4A per port or 4.8A overall when used under direct sunlight
- Compatible with iPhone Xs XS Max XR X 8 7 Plus, iPad, Galaxy S9 S8 Note 8 and More
Handpresso Wild Hybrid
Is there anything harder to imagine than not being able to have your morning cup of coffee? The Handpresso makes sure you’re never left high and dry without your morning espresso. You simply put the pod or espresso grinds in the top and some hot water and you’ll get it within seconds. All you need to do is pump the Handpresso for the set amount of time needed and it’ll start coming out.
- Can use coffee grounds or pods
- Simple and easy to use
Garmin Foretrex 401 Waterproof Hiking GPS
Just like being left without power, the last thing you want to do is be lost. The Garmin GPS is what you need to keep track of where you are on the go. The battery lasts for up to 17 hours, so it can handle your long hikes and it will retrace your entire path. It also will tell you the sunrise/sunset times, hunting/fishing information, and has an electronic compass and a barometric altimeter. If you want even more data, they sell a separate heart rate monitor to keep track of your health.
- Keeps track of routes, tracks, and waypoints
- TracBack feature retraces user’s path on the easy-to-read LCD display
- Display resolution 100 x 64 pixels
- Battery life Up to 17 hours in GPS mode
Eton Scorpion ll
The Eton Scorpion II is the perfect sidekick you need if you love going outdoors. It’s a radio that receives AM/FM/NOAA, gives weather alerts, is a flashlight, and has a USB output smartphone. This is basically everything you could ever need when you’re traveling, but all in one easy-to-carry device. The best part is that it can crank power as a backup, in case you get stuck without power.
- Receives AM/FM/NOAA Weatherband
- NOAA Weather Alerts
- Long-lasting ½ watt LED flashlight
- 5V 1A USB output charges smartphones
- Rechargeable 800 mAh lithium battery
DBPOWER EX5000 Action Camera
Similar to a GoPro, the DBPOWER action camera is a great alternative that won’t take up your whole paycheck. You want to be able to capture all the amazing adventures you go on and take all the pictures of your adventures. This camera has everything you need: 1080p filming, waterproof up to 30 m., can attach to multiple mounts, and has rechargeable batteries.
- 1080p 30 FPS full-HD sports camera
- 14-megapixel photos
- It can also record 720p 30 fps or WVGA or VGA
- 2-inch HD LCD display with 170-degree ultra wide-angle lens
- 2″ HD LCD screen
- Waterproof to depth of 30 meters