You just got a new Kindle Fire as a gift and realize that the Amazon App store has a much more limited selection of apps and games compared to Google Play? Here is a quick and easy tutorial on how to sideload Google Play apps to your Kindle Fire. Most apps and games will function perfectly, though some that are cloud based and integrate into micro-transaction services may not work. You won’t know until you try them, but I found a very large portion of apps sideloaded and worked fine on the Kindle Fire devices, this was tested with Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HDX devices made from 2011 to 2017 and the instructions work for all of them.
How to Get Google APK Files for Kindle Fire
- Open the app’s page you want the APK of in the play store using any browser.
- Copy the url or just the package name of the app. For example, here is the URL of the Google+ app in the play store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.plus&hl=en
And “com.google.android.apps.plus” is the package name.
- Now, head over to Evozi APK Downloader (bookmark this for easy access) and simply paste the URL/package name there and click “Generate download link”.
Within a couple of seconds (2-3) you will get the download link of the desired app.
Here is a screenshot downloading Transformers: Age of Extinction
Now if the app version is old which is a rare case by the way, simply tick “Force refetch apk file” by clicking on the “Request Update / Japan Apps” button.
You can even add a chrome extension of the same by heading over to their Extension Page. You need to have at least one Android device configured with your Google Account in order to use the extension. Detailed information and guide can also be found on the extension page.
Just note, you can’t use this method to get paid apps for free, if you try to download a paid app, you will get this error “This app might be incompatible with our downloader or it’s a paid app, we are using USA (T-Mobile)”
Installing the APK File on your Kindle Fire HDX
- Now of course you need to make sure you go into your Kindle Fire HDX settings and check mark “Allow 3rd party applications”
- Then install ES File Explorer from the Amazon Android App Store (Free) to let you browse your files on your Kindle Fire HDX
- then plug your Kindle Fire HDX into your PC and drag/drop the Android APK game or app into a folder on your Kindle Fire HDX
- Using ES File Explorer on Kindle Fire HDX just run the APK file and install it
What are some of your favorite APK files to download and install on your Kindle Fire? Do you need me to test an app or game for you, just let me know and I will be happy to on my spare time.