Screen recording is important for various reasons. It allows business people, gamers, educators, and others to create tutorials and instructional videos, capture gameplay, troubleshoot technical issues, and demonstrate software processes more effectively by visually sharing the information.
This is a versatile tool for both personal and professional use that helps in visual content creation, communication, and step-by-step instructions across various industries. Various free and paid tools can be used to record screens easily on your Mac/Windows, smartphone, and other devices.
You can use the pre-installed Screenshot Toolbar tool or QuickTime Player app to record the video of your Mac’s screen. Moreover, you can even use Apowersoft Screen Recorder, Snagit, Loom, and other third-party applications to record screens on your Mac. The videos recorded via these tools are saved in your device itself; however, often, due to accidental deletion or other unforeseen reasons, you might lose these screen recordings.
This post shares workable methods to recover deleted screen recordings on Mac. So, let’s get started without further ado!
Why Are Screen Recordings Lost or Deleted?
No matter how secure your Mac device is, you can easily lose data from them. There are various reasons why you can lose screen recording from your Mac. Some of them are:
- Intentional or accidental deletion.
- Interruption while transferring screen recording.
- Corruption in the Mac storage drive.
- Accidentally formatting the storage drive, volume, or any partitions of Mac.
- Sudden system shutdown or power outage.
- Malware or virus attack.
How do you recover deleted screen Recordings on Mac?
If you lost your screen recording from your Mac, try to retrieve them from Trash or Time Machine Backup. If you cannot find your screen recording in the Trash folder, use professional Mac video recovery software such as Stellar Photo Recovery or Mac to restore deleted screen recordings.
Note: Stop using the macOS drive from where you lost screen recording to prevent overwriting of data as it reduces chances of recovery.
Recover Deleted Screen Recordings from Trash
The first place to look for the deleted or lost screen recordings in the Mac is the Trash folder, where your deleted files are stored for 30 days; after that, they get automatically deleted. Here’s how to recover deleted screen recordings from Mac using the Trash folder:
- On your macOS, open the Trash bin
- Select and right-click on the screen recordings you want to restore.
- Click the Put Back option to restore your screen recordings to their original location.
Use Time Machine Backup to Retrieve Screen Recording
If you are using Time Machine to back up screen recordings, you can restore it from there. Here’s how to recover deleted screen recordings from Time Machine:
- Connect the Time Machine backup drive to your Mac using a USB cable.
- Navigate to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Time Machine.
- Go to the backups using the Up/down arrow button.
- Select the date of your last backup, search for your screen recording backup, and click Restore to recover it.
Recover Deleted Screen Recordings via the Best Video Recovery Software
If you have emptied the Trash folder or don’t have a Time Machine backup, recover your lost or deleted screen recordings with powerful video recovery software such as Stellar Photo Recovery for Mac. This tool can easily retrieve lost or deleted screen recordings from your Mac.
Stellar Photo Recovery for Mac can recover deleted screen recordings and other media files in almost all data loss scenarios like accidental deletion, corruption, formatting, etc. This tool can restore accidentally deleted or lost screen recordings and other multimedia files from MacBook Air/ Pro, iMac, Mac Mini /Pro, etc. It can even scan and retrieve lost screen recordings from SD cards, USB drives, camera memory cards, Time Machine, Fusion Drive, and other Mac-based storage devices.
Here’s how to recover deleted screen recordings using Stellar Photo Recovery for Mac software:
- Download, install, and launch Stellar Photo Recovery for Mac.
- On the main screen, select the drive from where you want to restore screen recording files. Click Scan.
- The scanning will begin, and once completed, you can see the list of recoverable files and click to preview
- Next, select the required screen recordings and click Recover to save them at a desired location.
If you’ve accidentally or intentionally deleted screen recordings, you can easily recover them through the Trash folder or Time Machine Backup. However, if you don’t have a backup and cannot find your screen recording in the Trash Bin, use professional Mac video recovery software to retrieve deleted screen recordings. This tool recovers screen recordings lost due to any data loss scenario from memory cards, SSDs, and other storage drives.
I am Computer expert and geeks with over 8 years of experience. Share my knowledge and expertise over different media channels from time to time or as soon as find a new one.