Over the entire course of this article we’ll be guiding you on how to root your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 running on Android 4.1.2 XXAMCE Jelly Bean Firmware. This guide involves two phases – first installing CWM recovery and then installing superSU via CWM Recovery. Read on to get started and feel free to ask any questions in the comment section.
Warning: Although the tutorial shared below roots the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos successfully, there are chances of you bricking your phone and making it useless. If you are a newbie and don’t know the abc’s of rooting, then I recommend not to proceed. Neither Dragon Blogger nor I am responsible for any damages you do to your device by following the tutorial below. Proceed at your own risk. You and only you are responsible…..
- This guide is valid only for factory unlocked Galaxy Grand Duos bearing model number GT-19082 on Jelly Bean firmware with I9082XXAMCE build number, don’t try it on carrier locked Galaxy Grand Duos or any other model.
- As usual, we’ll recommend you to backup all your important data including contacts,messages and important applications.
- Ensure that your phone has more than 70% of battery power.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled. You can enable it by navigating your phone to- “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Also install the latest USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos on your computer, if you haven’t installed them yet.
Steps to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082:
- Begin with downloading Odin 3, Recovery fix zip file, SuperSu files and CWM zip file. Extract the Odin 3 somewhere on your computer and copy the recovery fix zip file and SuperSu zip file to SD card of your phone. Keep the CWM zip file as it is.
- Now switch your phone and boot it into download mode by holding volume down button and Home button together and pressing Power button.
- After entering into Download mode, run the Odin on your computer and connect your phone with computer with the help of USB cable. On connecting, Odin will display “Added” message which confirms that your device is connected to Odin successfully.
- Now on Odin, click the PDA button and browse for CWM zip file we downloaded above. Now begin the installation by clicking start button.
- Once installation is over, turn off the phone manually by pulling out the battery.
Steps to Root Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 by Installing SuperSU via CWM Recovery:
- Now insert the battery back and start the phone in recovery mode by holding Home button and Power button together.
- Once you have started your phone in recovery mode , select the ”choose zip from SD card” option. Navigate to Fix-Recovery.zip file, select it and confirm the installation. Repeat the procedure again but this time select UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip file.
- After completing the installation, return back to recovery menu and select the reboot option.
Congrats, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 on Android 4.1.2 XXAMCE Jelly Bean Firmware.
Let us know if you faced any problem with the guide and if you have any other questions.