Interstellar Space: Genesis – a spiritual successor to Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares and other classic 4X titles from the ‘90s – is launching July 25 on Steam!
Interstellar Space: Genesis takes classic turn-based space 4X strategy mechanics, adds in a few twists of its own, and tosses them in with several brand-new mechanics to create a truly unique entry into the genre. The game’s classic 4X gameplay – featuring modern quality of life features – effectively eliminates micromanagement as well.
At its core, Interstellar Space: Genesis is a turn-based space 4X strategy game in which you attempt to build a thriving galactic empire. Discover mysteries among the stars, colonize procedurally generated worlds, and engage enemies in tactical turn-based combat on your journey to becoming Ruler of the Galaxy!
Interstellar Space: Genesis is also notable for its soundtrack – composed by Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth) and Neon Dolphin’s Ryan McQuinn.
New Game Setup
You are among the latest, and perhaps the last, of the challengers to undertake this great journey into the stars. While the universe may be ancient, you and your rivals are still young. As you compete with others for control of the galaxy, participants far older and more powerful than you watch from a distance – their true intentions covered in shadows. It’s time for you to prove that your Empire deserves to rule this galaxy, once and for all. You may prove worthy after all, but worthy of what? It’s up to you.
- Turn-based tactical combat with extensive ship customization and free space-based movement with range limits.
- Soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope (GoldenEye 007, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle) and Ryan McQuinn (Lotia, Dungeons & Doritos, Call of Cthulhu Mystery Program, Liberty: Vigilance, Dark Dice).
- Custom alien races with specific planet types, unique leaders, and random tech trees for each civilization.
- Deep colony development, terraforming, and diplomacy systems.
- Varied exploration mechanics and freedom to define a civilization’s wants and needs.
- Complex economic model with asteroid mining, space tourism, and more!
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Interstellar Space: Genesis will be available on Steam, Itch.io, and Humble Thursday, July 25 for $29.99 / €27.99 / £22.99.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Founded by Adam Solo and Hugo Rosado (a.k.a. MalRey), Praxis Games was born from a shared passion for PC games – in particular, strategy games with a focus on single-player. The studio aims to deliver games everyone wants to play, again and again. To learn more about Interstellar Space: Genesis and Praxis Games, please visit https://www.interstellarspacegame.com and https://www.praxis-games.com.