If you’ve been on the market for an affordable solution to home security, look no further! Allow me to introduce the Home8 MiniCube HD2 Security System!
Check out my unboxing video, below:
Okay, seems pretty cool right? Let’s dive into the features first!
- 24/7 Intelligent Recording – Enables Automatic Recording of motion or sound triggered events.
- Night Vision – Continuous security throughout the night. Works great! Check out the image below:
- Cloud Storage – Backup all the files and events in the cloud. You can even opt to insert a Micro-SD card into a camera for local storage.
- 100dB Alarm – I tested this out and this thing is decently loud. It would be enough to make me panic, if I were a burglar.
- Audio Feedback – Listen to what’s going on at your house, and you can even speak into your phone and it will play through the camera!
- App Control – Control the entire system from your phone, remotely monitor your home, and even trigger alarms.
The app is jam-packed with features and is very intuitive, let’s discuss them, shall we?
- Home Screen – From here you are able to select where in the app you wanna go, whether that be to the camera viewing, your saved event, activity, arm/disarm the system, etc!
- Video – This is where you’re able to select and view your camera(s) and trigger events. You’re able to change the name of the location, trip alarms, listen in, and speak through the camera!
Also you will be able to enable sound detection/motion detection for each individual camera, and even set the level at which is detects motion/sound!
By far one of the biggest selling points for me, all that needs to be done is:
- Plug in power to the shuttle and run provided ethernet cable to available port on your wireless router
- Install cameras in location desired. You are provided with mounting screws/mollys for secure installation
- Download the Home8 App (available on both Android and iOS)
- Launch the Home8 App, make sure you’re connected to the same WiFi as the Shuttle is for initial pairing of the app and system.
- The app will have you scan the QR code on the bottom of the shuttle to finalize pairing.
- Then you will have to fill out some user information, and that’s literally IT.Here are a few photos of the camera system (sorry for the blurriness):
- Now while I’ve never owned a home-security system before, this thing absolutely rocks! You’re able to easily and efficiently upgrade to more cameras for the system, integrate the system with Nest (smart thermostat), get help quickly through the app. set times for monitoring, remotely view each camera on your system, be alerted of motion in your house remotely (doesn’t play well with pets), arm/disarm the system remotely, add multiple users to the account so that they all can monitor the home, and so much more only owning it will allow you to see.
The system is under $250, too! Check it out, here!Thanks guys!
Hello all. Glad you could be here. My born year is 1995 and I have been raising hell ever since. By raising hell, I mean that I love to work on cars, computers, play video games (currently UFC 2), spend time with my family, and simply enjoy the little things. I love what I do and I do nothing else.