Pale Moon is a modified version of Firefox that is specifically built to use your CPU to the maximum.Firefox is compiled so that it works on all platforms(PIII to i7)so it does not use the special features of processors,Pale moon on the other hand is compiled specifically to take advantage of the modern features in new processors like SSE , 3DNow!.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox profiles, bookmarks and settings.
Before downloading Palemoon , just make sure your CPU is supported here.It is upto 25% faster than Mozilla FireFox , and the best thing about Pale Moon is that you can keep your Firefox , bookmarks , saved passwords , addons etc.A speed comparison between Pale Moon and Firefox is available here.I found Pale Moon to be a LOT faster than Firefox and since I was happy enough to have all my add-ons ,it is quite great.
Migrating your existing Firefox profile data to Pale moon
You can use this official tool to do so but it did not work for me as my profile was very large (>1 GB)so here is an alternative.
Click on Start and go to run (Win Key + R ) and enter this : %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox
Open another run menu and open this folder : %appdata%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon
Close both Firefox and Pale Moon and copy the profiles folder from to the Pale Moon folder.Also , copy the profiles.ini from Firefox to Pale Moon folder.Now upon starting pale moon , you will find all your Firefox stuff there.