Blog is a shortened term for weblog. Blogs used to be avenues for people to talk about their thoughts and feelings in a journal-like fashion. In 2019, blogging has become a good platform for monetization and income through content marketing. If you’re going to be one of the many bloggers running website online, then you need gears to get you up and running.
Here are some of the top gadgets that should be owned by every aspiring blogger:
1. External hard drive
One of the essential devices you need for blogging are external hard drives. Although there are a lot of online storage services and clouds that you can use online, having an external hard drive allows you to protect your files from online data infiltration. Here are some of the reasons why an external hard drive is better than cloud:
- External hard drives store a massive volume of data compared to cloud storages
- External HDD is quite cheap, too since cloud storages are usually coupled with monthly fees depending on the storage size
- The external HDD can also work well when creating backup files quickly
- Investing in a reliable external hard drive can facilitate faster data transfer. It can also help you clear up your laptop with a lot of space, thus improving its system performance.
2. Laptop or netbook
One of the primary requirement in blogging is that you need to be always connected to your website. Staying connected means you have to keep your website updated with fresh and high quality content. A handy laptop or netbook makes it easier in writing your articles and you can easily access reactions and comments your recent blog posts may have.
If you are just starting to blog, you do not need to invest and buy an expensive laptop. A standard laptop is enough for your blogging tasks. There are some considerations you need to keep in mind:
- Make sure that the processor is enough to handle graphics editing and video processing
- Internal memory should be enough and does not greatly affect the system performance and speed
- Monitor size is dependent on your choice, but choose a monitor size that will be comfortable for you
- Choose an operating software or OS that works well with the applications and software you use for your blog
3. Wireless router or pocket WiFi
A stable and reliable internet connection whether you are blogging at home or outside the house is important. You want to stay connected to your audience most of the time and updating your website. Maintaining your page followers engaged to your website and posts can be achieved by responding to their comments and queries the fastest way possible.
You do not want to encounter problems like losing your work and failure uploading your multimedia files because of bad internet connection.
Staying updated without the need of carrying your laptop all the time is where the smartphone comes in. It’s basically an extension of your laptop since you can do almost anything with your smartphone like scheduling posts, writing content, taking pictures, shooting video and others. If you are an influencer, carrying a smartphone will make it easy for potential clients to contact you if they need your service to market their products.
If you are trying to reach more audience and you decided to increase your branding in social media, your smartphone will make it easy for you access social media by downloading their corresponding mobile apps.
5. Professional camera, video camera or action camera
Investing on a good professional camera will make your blog more attractive and interesting to viewers. Here are some considerations on your purchase:
- Let’s say if your specialization is fashion and beauty, you might want to buy either a professional camera to capture the perfect outfits of the day or a video camera so that you can do makeup tutorials.
- If you are focused on travel and tourism, choose to buy an action camera to capture a lovely picturesque while doing hiking, surfing, trekking, and other outdoor activities.
- Let your niche guide your camera purchase.
Having multimedia files on your blog is essential especially if you want to create more traffic and page views for your website.
Whether you are a newbie or a professional blogger, having the right gadgets will make your website and blog posts a top notch. Investing in these items can make you stand out from other bloggers in the online community. These gadgets will make blogging easier whenever and wherever you go.