When it comes to your home network, you do not want to mess around with your router, trying to tinker with it to make it the fastest and most reliable. It is far better to get the best router to begin with and save yourself the trouble. But what are the best routers on the market and which ones will work with the major ISPs?
We asked the team at CompatibleModem.com for their suggestions on which routers are the best you can get right now. From there, we were able to compile a list of the top five, which we are now sharing with you.
Here are the Top Routers for ISP Compatibility
1. Netgear Nighthawk AX6000: The number one best router that you can get right now is the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000. The Nighthawk line is known for creating powerful routers and this one is no exception.
If you are looking for the next generation of high speed routers, this is it. The AX6000 offers incredible speeds up to 6 Gbps. Yes, you read that correctly. Combine that with the MU-MIMO and the OFDMA uplink/downlink and you will have a router that can keep up with whatever you throw at it.
The icing on the cake is the six Gigabit ports on the router, allowing you to plug in devices directly for a reliable connection.
2. Netgear Nighthawk AD7200: Another hit from Netgear is the Nighthawk AD7200. Another Nighthawk success, the AD7200 router has a high-powered 1.7GHz quad-core processor to keep up with your needs.
The WiFi speed that the AD7200 boasts is 7.2 Gbps, which is even higher than the AX6000. This makes this the fastest home router that you can get, an ideal choice for gamers who need the reliable speed to stay in the game.
The AD7200 also has a dynamic QoS, which will prioritize your bandwidth so the devices that need the reliable signal will receive it.
3. Linksys Max-Stream: EA7500 The Linksys Max-Stream is a router that is really compatible with the most popular ISPs. This is a Next Gen AC wireless router that is ready to boost your network to the next level.
With the 4K streaming, you will not experience any lags in the connection, regardless of whether you are gaming or just streaming a movie. You can’t beat high quality without buffering.
The Max-Stream also comes with the MU-MIMO set-up, allowing multiple users to be streaming at the same time, which is perfect for homes with online gamers. The dual band speeds on this router reach up to 1.9 Gbps, which is still incredibly fast.
4. Motorola AC2600: The design of the Motorola AC2600 might throw you off since it does strongly resemble a drone, but in truth, it is just a powerful router.
The name of the game for the AC2600 is to have high speeds at the longest range possible. The four antennas that stick up out of the body of the router can be moved to point in the direction that needs the signal the most. They also provided concurrent 4×4 performance for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
Prepare to be impressed by the speeds that come along with this MU-MIMO router.
5. Netgear Nighthawk Pro AD7200: The last router that we are going to look at is the Netgear Nighthawk Pro AD7200. We have already established that the Nighthawk line is awesome, no matter which router you choose.
The first thing to note with this router is that it does not look like any router that you might have seen before. The design is completely attractive, but also still has four antennas sticking out of the top.
The AD7200 has six Gigabit Ethernet ports to tackle whatever device needs lag-free and wired connectivity, which is ideal for people who need strong connection for work or even users who game or stream movies heavily.