CALABASAS, Calif. – February 14, 2019 – Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, the highly anticipated next project from legendary Koji Igarashi, will make its way to Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this Summer 2019, published by 505 Games.
The release window was confirmed in a new gameplay trailer revealed via Nintendo Direct, and treated fans to a first look at the games Inverted Castle: an exciting feature that will gift players the ability to transpose gameplay and explore the demon-infested gothic horror castle upside down. A recap of the Nintendo Direct presentation featuring Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is now available to watch.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is a new gothic horror action side-scrolling RPG developed by Koji Igarashi’s indie development studio ArtPlay. Set in 18th century England, a paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power. Players take on the role of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her body. To save humanity and herself, Miriam must fight through the castle while collecting, crafting and unlocking a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the summoner Gebel and the countless minions and bosses of hell that await.
Watch the new Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night trailer now
BLOODSTAINED: RITUAL OF THE NIGHT KEY GAME FEATURES INCLUDE:
- IGAVANIA LIVES ON – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the Metroidvania genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy long-time fans of his celebrated work.
- VAST AND DEEP GAMEPLAY – Unlock spells and powers, find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance, mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- HIGH FIDELITY 2.5 GRAPHICS – Everything in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- ORCHESTRAL MUSIC BY INDUSTRY LEGENDS – Featuring music from industry icons Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil, Mega Man).
- IGA’S BIGGEST CASTLE – The Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night game world is the largest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, with a map size nearly double that of his previous games.
- MULTIPLE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam, there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Social Media:
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/SwordOrWhip
- Twitter (Nintendo UK): https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1095925643693510656
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bloodstainedrotn/
- YouTube: https://bit.ly/2TEz2yB
About 505 Games
505 Games, a subsidiary of the Italian entertainment company Digital Bros., is a global video game publisher focused on offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and skill levels. The company publishes and distributes premium and free-to-play games on leading console, PC and handheld platforms as well as for mobile devices and social networks.
Publishing highlights in premium games include Last Day of June, PAYDAY 2, Terraria, Portal Knights, Laser League, Assetto Corsa, ABZÛ, Virginia, Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons and How to Survive. Free-to-play publishing highlights include Battle Islands, Gems of War and Hawken. Distribution highlights include No Man’s Sky, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Stardew Valley, Dead by Daylight and Inside/Limbo. Upcoming titles include Remedy’s Control, Indivisible(from the development team behind Skullgirls), Journey to the Savage Planet, and Koji Igarashi’s next project,Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
505 Games has offices in California, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and China. The company works with a network of distribution and sub-licensing partners in all other markets. For more information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.com.
I have been obsessed with computers, tech, gadgets and games since the early 1980’s having grown up on the Commodore 64 and Amiga computers.
By day I work in the IT Security Industry and have been in IT for over 20 years. On my spare time I am a Vlogger, Blogger, Streamer, Gadget Reviewer, affiliate marketer, influencer and entertainer. I am also an avid movie fan, TV Show fan, Anime fan, video game fan and fan of trying anything and everything new.