No-compromise performance keyboard with responsive and precise technology
– CHERRY, specialist in computer input devices, is presenting the MX Board 6.0, the world’s most responsive performance keyboard for enthusiasts. The keyboard combines the latest RealKey-technology for analog signal processing with the proven and precise MX-switches for uncompromising performance. With this flagship model, CHERRY aims for an absolute puristic design of the highest quality.
Maximum performance thanks to the latest precision technology
With its RealKey-technology, the MX Board 6.0 achieves unmatched performance. Thanks to an analogue signal path, all buttons are connected directly to the controller, so there is no need for digital scanning of the switching points. The MX Board 6.0 can rapidly transmit signals to the PC in less than a millisecond and is ideally suited for situations where response time is crucial. In contrast, conventional mechanical keyboards works much slower and need around 20 milliseconds because of their signal conversion. More so, RK-technology allows for a full N-key rollover and 100 percent reliable anti-ghosting. CHERRY ensures that all keys can be read simultaneously, actively preventing any erroneous interpretation of the signal inputs.
Proven MX technology
The MX Board 6.0 has been fully equipped with its own, German engineered, high-quality gold-crosspoint switches, which have a lifespan of more than 50 million operations, allowing CHERRY to guarantee the highest precision when triggered. The new performance keyboard utilizes red switches, which operate without tactile feedback and minimal resistance. The linear actuation force is 45 centinewton. Each switch is also equipped with a red LED. This gives the MX Board 6.0 an even backlight with brightness control. The matching laser-engraved keycaps are optimized to achieve perfect illumination. CHERRY has accomplished this by using higher key caps, like with the G80-3000. With this change, unwanted illumination of the key gaps are eliminated.
Feature set for enthusiasts
In order to make long-term use more comfortable, users can attach an included rubberized palm rest. Its easy handling is guaranteed thanks to a sophisticated mounting magnet system, allowing the palm rest to quickly be removed for cleaning or stowing. CHERRY is catering to enthusiasts with the configurable Windows key, bi-color status keys and twelve function keys that can be assigned with two different functions.
Purist design and excellent craftmanship
Despite its eye-catching backlight, the MX Board 6.0 features a basic and puristic design. CHERRY has chosen for a high-quality 454 x 147 x 24,8 mm housing. The upper side is made of aluminum with a sanded finish; a grease-repellent coating ensures high resistance against everyday influences. The high quality of the keyboard is complemented by its textile braided, two-meter long USB-cable.
Cherry MX Board 6.0 Key benefits
• The world´s fastest keyboard – with CHERRY MX and CHERRY RK
• Mechanics: CHERRY MX technology – Gold Crosspoint precision module for all keys “Made in Germany”
• Electrics: CHERRY RealKey technology – fully analog signal processing
• Full N-Key rollover – all keys are read simultaneously • 100 % anti-ghosting – no inputting errors
• Aluminium top housing with sanded finish and grease resistant coating
• Bi-colour status keys (blue backlight when activated)
• Win-Key deactivation
• 12 double function keys
• Red LED key backlight with adjustable brightness (dimmer)
• Rubber palm rest with magnetic connector (quick-snap)
• 200 cm cable with textile covering
CHERRY develops and produces computer input devices and components for industrial and home applications. CHERRY is a registered trademark of ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
ZF is a global technology leader in driveline and chassis technology with 113 production companies in 26 countries. With approximately 71,400 employees, ZF has posted sales of €18,4 billion in 2014. In order to continue to be successful with innovative products, ZF annually invests about five percent of sales (2014: €891 million) in research and development. In the ranking of automotive suppliers ZF is among the ten largest companies in the world.
I have been obsessed with computers, tech, gadgets and games since the early 1980’s having grown up on the Commodore 64 and Amiga computers.
By day I work in the IT Security Industry and have been in IT for over 20 years. On my spare time I am a Vlogger, Blogger, Streamer, Gadget Reviewer, affiliate marketer, influencer and entertainer. I am also an avid movie fan, TV Show fan, Anime fan, video game fan and fan of trying anything and everything new.