Featuring a deep storyline and tactical turn-based combat, Bevontule will offer backers massive environments to explore, quirky characters to encounter, and plenty of open-world adventures in a state-of-the-art blend of Eastern and Western RPGs.
* Game Jolt – https://gamejolt.com/games/bevontule/173378
* itch.io – https://multithreaded-games.itch.io/bevontule
Just 2 days in, Multithreaded Games has already raised almost $10,000 – 20% of the original funding goal. The campaign is set to end on February 28. If funded, Bevontule is expected to be in backers’ hands by March 2019.
STORY & GAMEPLAY
Bevontule takes place on a vast and isolated land mass surrounding a central ocean known as the Inner Sea. Discovered some 1,500 years ago by a number of refugees fleeing their own war-torn homeland, it quickly becomes clear that despite its welcoming appearance, Onich harbors dark and deadly secrets that were left alone … presumably for good reason.
Join a diverse cast of characters and stave off the looming calamity about to hit this troubled continent – or unwittingly hasten its arrival. Explore a beautiful open world inhabited by war-ravaged nations, rebel factions … and a far more insidious enemy. To fully understand the existential threat presently posed to Onich – and perhaps humanity itself! – you must traverse expansive plains, aid survivors in ruined towns, explore dangerous caverns, and safely navigate forbidden ruins where decaying structures are the least of your worries.
The journey ahead will not be easy: Ferocious and highly-intelligent creatures – from colossal dragons to deadly insects – roam the land and will attack at a moment’s notice. Take down enemies in tactical, turn-based combat where every move (and every second) counts. One misstep could be your party’s undoing; intricate planning and execution are vital for survival. Unlock, learn, and equip hundreds of combat skills, attribute bonuses, and world-based buffs. Need a break from the main campaign? Take on numerous side quests to face optional bosses and discover some fun minigames!
Derek Bradley (Co-Founder, Multithreaded Games)
“Bevontule pays homage to beloved JRPGs such as Final Fantasy and its many sequels. You’ll also find traces of Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, and even Suikoden.”
Andy Fenton (Co-Founder, Multithreaded Games)
“In addition to the classics, the more tactical turn-based offerings required a degree of planning and strategy. Games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Battle – to name a few – directly influenced Bevontule’s combat system.”
Calvin Lye (2D Artist, Multithreaded Games)
“Bevontule combines the best elements of those JRPGs we loved to play as kids with an engaging story and characters, a challenging turn-based combat system, and a vast open world filled with possibilities. We’re making our dream game – and we can’t wait to share the finished product with our Kickstarter backers!”
- Enjoy a mature plot spanning thousands of years – inspired by games like Xenogears and Shadow Hearts.
- Fight in a challenging tactical, turn-based combat system where proper positioning and timing are critical.
- Visit a beautiful, massive world with modern 3D environments to discover, explore, and conquer.
- Fend off free-roaming enemies with a wide variety of movement patterns, behaviors and habitats.
- Prepare for an unrelenting and highly-intelligent enemy AI that can be scaled to various difficulty levels.
- Play alongside a large cast of interesting characters with defined roles, yet deeply customizable skill sets – allowing multiple builds for each combatant.
- Face enemies that learn and level up dynamically – accessing new skills, tactics, and other enhancements.
- Unlock, learn, and equip from hundreds of combat skills, attribute bonuses, and world-based buffs.
- Explore loads of side quests, optional bosses/areas, and minigames!
Bevontule: Altar of Roots is currently seeking funds on Kickstarter with a goal of $50,000. If funded, the game will be launched on Windows, Mac, and Linux in March 2019.
I have been obsessed with computers, tech, gadgets and games since the early 1980’s having grown up on the Commodore 64 and Amiga computers.
By day I work in the IT Security Industry and have been in IT for over 20 years. On my spare time I am a Vlogger, Blogger, Streamer, Gadget Reviewer, affiliate marketer, influencer and entertainer. I am also an avid movie fan, TV Show fan, Anime fan, video game fan and fan of trying anything and everything new.