The Lava Xolo A1000 is doing a pretty good job having a good set of specifications and a reasonable price especially in markets like India. This guide is aimed to teach you how to install both a recovery and root the Lava Xolo A1000. Before going ahead with our actual root process, it’s better to get some knowledge about the specifications of this device. The Xolo A1000 packs a 5 inch HD IPS display and a 1 GHz dual core processor. It runs on Android 4.1 jelly bean which is a pretty good deal at the price tag of INR 14000 (USD $230). This smartphone can compete with the Micromax Canvas 4.
Let us now take a look at the tutorial which talks about how to install the recovery component and root the Xolo A1000.
Warning: Although the tutorial shared below roots your android phone successfully, there are chances of you bricking your phone and making it useless. If you are a newbie and don’t know the abc’s of rooting, then I recommend not to proceed. Neither DragonBlogger nor I am responsible for any damages you do to your device by following the tutorial below. Proceed at your own risk. You and only you are responsible…..
Rooting your Lava Xolo A1000:
Before You Start
- Rooting your Xolo A1000 will void its warranty.
- You need to enable USB debugging by going into the settings > development.
- You don’t wanna lose your files right? Take back up of all your important stuff before starting with root procedure.
- Please charge your device to more than 75%.
PDA Net Drivers – Installation
- Download the PDA Net drivers from the link given in download section and start installation process.
- If you’ve connected your device to the computer then please disconnect it.
- Continue pressing ‘next‘ until you see a window about selecting manufacturer.
- Select “other” as your manufacturer since it won’t be listed over there.
- If any warning window appears about “Drivers are not from trusted developer”, simply ignore it and continue.
- Select, install drivers anyway.
- This is when PDA Net software will ask you to connect your device. So, connect your Lava XOLO A1000 to your computer.
- Don’t choose any modes such as tethering or USB storage.
- As soon as the driver installation is complete, go the taskbar and right click on PDA Net icon to exit.
- Disconnect your phone.
Steps to Install Recovery and Root Xolo A1000:
- Extract the contents of Smart Phone Flash Tool that you’ve downloaded from download section to c:\
- Go inside this directory and click on SP flash tool.exe to run.
- Press scatter loading button, locate the scatter file (available in download section) and select it.
- A partition list will be generated in SP flash tool.
- Simply check the box with label – recovery.
- Press recovery button and select recovery file (available in download section).
- Click on window option (present on upper menu) and select write memory tab.
- Now, select EMMC radio button and press Open Raw Data button.
- This time, locate and select recovery.img that you’ve downloaded earlier.
- Change the begin address and container address to following.
Begin address – 0x1588000
Container address – 0x600000
- Press write memory button (present beside open raw data).
- Now, switch off your device and connect it to the computer.
- This will begin flashing process and install recovery on your device.
- Once completed, it’s time to root your Xolo A1000.
- Take out the file named SuperUser by Kaushik and place it in root directory of your SD card.
- Time to boot Xolo A1000 in recovery mode. To do so, press and continue to hold volume up, power key or volume down and power key button till the time you’re into recovery mode.
- Choose an option – select zip from SD card.
- Navigate to the SuperUser by Kaushik with the help of volume buttons and home key.
- Select the file and confirm it to flash.
Steps 7 to 11:
That’s it. You’ve now rooted your Lava Xolo A1000. You can confirm by looking for an app called SuperUser in the app drawer. Let me know if you’ve any difficulties. I will be happy to solve them.