If you’re looking to buy any Karbonn tab, then the Smart Tab 8 Velox and Smart Tab 10 Cosmic are still one of the best available in the respective segment. Both these devices are packed with dual core processors and therefore they are perfectly suitable for their price segment. Although they do differentiate in terms of camera as the Smart tab 8 Velox packs a 2 megapixel camera and the Smart tab 10 cosmic features a 3 megapixel camera. That’s not the big deal however for those who are not looking at these tablets to take photos and few tablets have caught up to smartphones or dedicated cameras anyway. Also, when it comes to the hardware performance, Tab 10 Cosmic features a dedicated GPU which is still lacking in Tab 8 Velox.
I wrote about the sale price of the Karbonn A29 in my article titled: Karbonn A29 Up For Sale At Saholic For Rs. 8990 ($150 USD)
Okay, enough about the specifications of these tablets. I think we should now move on to the actual guide of how to root the Karbonn Smart Tab 8 and Smart Tab 10.
Warning: Although the tutorial shared below roots your android tablet successfully, there are chances of you bricking your phone and making it useless. If you are a newbie and don’t know the abc of rooting, then I recommend not to proceed. Neither Dragon Blogger nor I are responsible for any damages you do to your device by following the tutorial below. Proceed at your own risk. You and only you are responsible…..
What Will Rooting Do?
It will simply give you the power to uninstall unused or not-so-important apps. It will also let you install a custom ROM if there is any available. Rooting gives you full and complete access to your device and the functionality that is often locked down by the stock images that come installed by default.
Before You Start
- You should charge your device to 75% or more than that. It is important to keep it alive throughout the process of rooting.
- Enable USB debugging by going into the settings of your tablet.
- Rooting your Karbonn tablet will void the warranty. In simple terms, you’ll lose the warranty if you root your device and you won’t be able to return it if you brick it.
- Neither I nor anyone is responsible if you end up bricking your device.
- I’ll definitely help you try to revive your device but you must pay attention and follow everything according to my instructions.
Steps to Root the Karbonn Smart Tab 8 and Tab 10:
- I just wanted to make sure that you’ve enabled debugging first and therefore I would like to remind you once again to do so. It is important because it can help you revive the device if you brick it.
- Now, copy and transfer the rooting tool that I’ve mentioned in download section to the root directory of SD card.
- Don’t place it inside any of the folders. Just keep it outside any folder.
- Also, don’t transfer this file to the inside internal memory. The tool won’t be able to detect it.
- Switch off your device and hold volume down + power key until the time you see a new window with Karbonn logo.
- For your information, this is called stock recovery of your tablet.
- Now, go to the option called “apply update from ext” and locate the file that you’ve placed in your SD card.
- You can use volume control buttons to navigate up and down and power key to make selection.
- It’s time to select the file and confirm your selection.
- Let it complete its process for few minutes.
- As per my instructions, you’ll have the rooted Karbonn tab 8 or tab 10 in your hands within couple of minutes.
How Do I Check that My Karbonn Smart Tab 8 or Tab 10 Rooted Successfully?
It is fairly easy to check if you’ve rooted successfully or not. Simply look for an app called “root checker” in Google Play Store. Install it and click on “check for root” inside the app.
If you’ve any difficulties in rooting your Karbonn tablet, leave your comments. I will be happy to assist you.