In the picture above you can see what came in the yellow envelope. If you have been reading my reviews before you know I can be a fan of less packaging for small items. Inateck did it right with the size of this package for the item not wasting resources with over-packing.
I bet you want to get down to the meat and potato’s of this review. Well I wont make you wait so let’s get into it . I plug the USB Receiver into my USB port and software disc into the DVD drive and everything was easy to install.
It took less then 3 minutes to install on my PC and the user interface is nice and clean as well as easy to use, so the install was a breeze. I started off with linking my LG G3 up to the Bluetooth receiver on the computer.
I was able to send and receive pictures, video’s, and music with no hassle. So I tried a few other phones and all seemed to work and do the same thing. I went back to my LG G3 phone and realized I can remote control it with my PC. It let me use my PC mouse on my phone screen. It was a nice touch I have not seen before and honestly didn’t even know you can do. I then went on to test my tablet out with the Bluetooth. I found the same thing here with no issue whatsoever .
I wanted to test my Bluetooth headset but I seem to have broke mine so could not test this function out, based on the fact I had no issues with other Bluetooth devices my guess is it will have no issue working since the rest has worked fine. I did connect up to a few more items like a Bluetooth controller and still had no issues whatsoever. The distance of use is also a great plus since I can walk all over my house and it still picked up my phone and tablets. The only item I had a issue connecting to was my Bluetooth speakers and believe that it is a issue on my speaker end not the USB DEVICE.
( UPDATE: I did finally get the Bluetooth sound bar to connect to the USB receiver and works outstanding. The sound bar is a Vizio 2.0 and sound great so i got ride of my cheap desk top speakers. So the issue was on my end and this product is great to use. )
● Upgrades Bluetooth support for Windows 8, 7, Visa, XP, Mac; Windows 8,Mac or Higher System – No additional drivers are needed (with built-in drivers, drivers not needed for most common profiles); Backwards compatible with Bluetooth versions 2.1/2.0/3.0.
● Please note: Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 – Driver is needed for audio transmission. For document transfer, no need
● Signal range of up to 10 metres without interferences, transfer speed of up to 3 Mbps, fast and reliable
● Energy saving through intelligent sleep and wake-up command features; Effectively avoids interferences by utilizing 24 bit CRC surveillance.
● A Inateck Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
● A Software CD
As you can see in there diagram above some of the items it can connect to.
All and all a pretty amazing item for the price I think it on sale for $8.99 on Amazon. I give this Item a solid 5 stars for price and function you cant go wrong with this item if you need to add Bluetooth to you pc or laptop.
Inateck did a great job releasing this Bluetooth USB Receiver and it is a solid product.