Very often I’ve come across friends and colleagues who wish to go back to Windows XP, either due to the ever-hanging Vista experience, or due to incompatibility of certain software with later versions of Windows.
Here we shall see how to install Windows XP on a Serial Advanced Technology Attachment or SATA hard disk.
- Back up all your documents on an external drive
- Make a note of all the programs you have installed and would like to re-install after getting Windows XP on your computer
- Collect as many important software items as possible, like :
- Not necessary to be said, a copy of Windows XP installation disk
- Antivirus applications
- Hardware drivers for all components compatible with Windows XP, after making a list of all the hardware you have from the Manage devices page
- Anything else you would need immediately after installing Windows XP
Schedule the installation of Windows XP on a day when you would have at least 2 hours of undisturbed access to your computer.
Here are the remaining parts of the “How to Install Windows XP on SATA Hard Disk” series.
How to Install Windows XP on SATA Hard Disk Part 2
How to Install Windows XP on SATA Hard Disk Part 3
I’m a Generalist Researcher working on a Theory of Reality, Horticulturist, Blogger, Natural Systems Analyst and Amateur Architect