Warsaw, Poland – July 15th, 2021 — Do you have what it takes to survive the demonic forces of Jupiter in a game where turn-based tactics and roguelike collide? Jupiter Hell, from developer ChaosForge and publisher, Hyperstrange launches out of Early Access this Aug. 5th, 2021. It will be available on Steam, GOG, and Humble for $24.99 with a 20% discount at launch.
Watch the Absolute Chaos in the Cinematic Jupiter Hell Date Reveal Trailer!
Entering Early Access in March 2019, after a successful Kickstarter campaign backed by none other than DOOM-daddy John Carmack himself, developer ChaosForge is excited to bring Jupiter Hell into 1.0 with a host of new features – one of them being the fantastic voicework of Commander Shepard himself, Mark Meer! Jupiter Hell 1.0 will also include:
- Dante Station – The 4th and final act in the gripping story of one hero’s survival against Jupiter Hell. Final boss battle included!
- Trials Mode – a new customizable and moddable way to enjoy Jupiter Hell your way – it’s your run, your scenario, your funeral.
- Arena Mode – Defend against wave-based attacks of enemies, with quicker levelling and item acquisition between waves.
- Endless Mode – Go through fully randomized levels without episodes, branches etc, and see how deep you can get.
- Classic Mode – No story, no branching areas, no special levels, nothing to distract you from sweet, sweet ripping and tearing through demonic hordes.
- More to be revealed!
- Oh, hey, did we mention Mark Meer VO?
Jupiter Hell is a classic, turn-based roguelike set in a 90s flavored sci-fi universe. Set on the moons of Jupiter, this spiritual successor to classic DRL (originally known as Doom, the Roguelike) pits a lone space marine against overwhelming demonic forces. Rip and tear zombies, demons, and unmentionable monstrosities, using classic weaponry such as shotguns, chainguns, railguns, and the trusty chainsaw. All to the shine of CRT monitors and the tune of heavy metal.
In Jupiter Hell, traditional roguelike turn-based gameplay meets with modern shooter sensibilities. Controls are immediate and accessible while retaining the back-end depth of a turn-based RPG. You can customize your character with new weapons, items, and abilities gained as you progress through a permadeath-prone hell. Blast through procedurally-generated civilian sectors, military space bases and mining colonies on the violent moons of Jupiter. Like every roguelike worth its salt, you’ll find new ways to experience familiar settings in every playthrough.
- Tactical, turn-based combat with real-time responsiveness – Benefit from classic roguelike turns with modern shooter sensibilities. Controls are immediate and accessible while retaining the back-end depth of a turn-based RPG.
- Meaningful RPG progression – Customize your character with new weapons, items and abilities gained as you progress through a permadeath-prone hell. Beat the game to unlock more difficult challenges rather than grinding to make the game easier.
- Randomized levels set all over Jupiter’s orbit – Blast through procedurally-generated civilian sectors, military space bases and mining colonies on the violent moons of Jupiter. Every playthrough you’ll find new ways to experience familiar settings.
- Original shooter roguelike lineage – Jupiter Hell is the crowning achievement of a 20-year roguelike development saga, coming from ChaosForge, the team that’s been making top-down, cosmic hell roguelikes since 2002.
ChaosForge is an independent games developer based in Wrocław, Poland. It was founded by Kornel Kisielewicz, the maker of the popular free game Doom, the Roguelike. The studio is now working on a high production value sci-fi roguelike, Jupiter Hell.
Hyperstrange is a games development and publishing studio operating from Warsaw, Poland. Founded on the day of 2015 Solar Eclipse, we continue to bring Metal, Fantasy, Action and Hyper-strangeness to gamers worldwide.
I have been obsessed with computers, tech, gadgets and games since the early 1980’s having grown up on the Commodore 64 and Amiga computers.
By day I work in the IT Security Industry and have been in IT for over 20 years. On my spare time I am a Vlogger, Blogger, Streamer, Gadget Reviewer, affiliate marketer, influencer and entertainer. I am also an avid movie fan, TV Show fan, Anime fan, video game fan and fan of trying anything and everything new.