Robot toys are growing in popularity and saw a huge surge throughout the last year. Although they’ve been a popular toy for a long time, there are more options than ever before. This is great because every toy like this teaches kids endless skills in the STEM world. Everyone knows how popular LEGO is as a company, and their award-winning STEM learning toy that’s also a fun robot building and educational set is something you should consider if your child loves robots. Today we’re going to break down what you need to know about this toy.
LEGO Boost Creative Toolbox 17101 Fun Robot Building Set and Educational Coding Kit for Kids
Unlike other robots, the best part about this LEGO robot is that it can be built into 5 different models. There are 847 pieces and it’s ideally designed to be used for kids 7-12 years old. Your kid can also learn how to code by downloading the LEGO BOOST app to code the robots. This toy gives kids the ability to build, code, program, and learn everything there is to know about constructing robots. It gives the ability to code interactive, motorized robots that include distance, color, and tilt sensor technologies. Each of the 5 robots has an option of having behaviors coded into them, giving a personalized touch with every option. Instead of just being a “build it and never play with it again” type of toy, it’s something that can be customized and rebuilt over and over again.
- Comes with 847 pieces
- 5 different optional multifunctional models
- Construct and code Vernie the Robot to dance, rock out on the Guitar4000, foster Frankie the Cat, interact with the Autobuilder, or explore a new discovery with the M.T.R.4 (Multi-Tooled Rover 4)
- Requires 6x AAA 1.5V batteries
- Free LEGO BOOST app available for download
- Tablet or mobile phone is required (but not included)
- Compatible with selected iOS, Android, Kindle and Windows 10 devices with BLE 4.1 and newer
Jackie is a writer out of Denver, Colorado with a never-ending passion for good TV shows, gadgets, and old-school video games.
Compensation Area of Interest I’ve been writing articles online for over 8 years, but I’d like to start getting into the review world. I love, love, love TV shows and gadgets.