As an avid gamer and one that works just about exclusively in the video game industry, I am always excited for any new version of a video game console, especially one that is more or less a refresh of current gen technology. When I first heard the news about Microsoft creating an all-digital version of the Xbox One S, I found it very intriguing that they decided to really go out on a limb and design this console. The Xbox One S All-Digital itself looks exactly like your standard version of the One S, but the catch is that there is no disc drive and thus the very reason this console is in fact all-digital. The controller is the same and nothing else is really changed. The console does come with a 1TB hard drive to ensure that you have plenty of space, but in my opinion, with games taking up as much as 80GB per game, such as the Halo Master Chief Collection, 1TB these days might not be enough depending on how many games you want to be installed at a time.
The Xbox One SAD(short for S All-Digital) does come bundled with a 1-Month Xbox Live Gold Subscription as well as download codes for Minecraft, Forza Horizon 3 and Sea of Thieves. What really is intriguing to me is why Microsoft decided to include a copy of Forza Horizon 3 when the latest edition is currently Forza Horizon 4, but even still Horizon 3 is an amazing addition to your collection. As always the console does come with cloud-based saving so you can continue to play your games on another Xbox One S, or even on an Xbox One X. I will say that the Xbox One SAD makes for a great addition to your household, but just keep in mind that you won’t be able to purchase any used games, but if that isn’t something you are worried about and want to move straight into what I firmly believe is the future of gaming this console is made just for you. I highly recommend that you have a strong internet connection at home to be able to handle downloads of games as slow connection speeds can make enjoying games on this console take forever to be able to play.
Xbox One SAD Product Features:
- Go all digital with the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and enjoy disc-free gaming.
- Bundle includes*: 1TB Xbox One S All-Digital Edition Console (Disc-free Gaming), wireless controller, a 1-Month Xbox Live Gold subscription, and download codes for Minecraft, Forza Horizon 3, and Sea of Thieves. (Sea of Thieves requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription, sold separately.)
- Pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC with Xbox Play Anywhere titles like Crackdown 3 and Gears Of War 4.
- Your games and saves travel with you: just sign in on any Xbox One with your Microsoft Account and you’re ready to go. Stream your gameplay on Mixer with the touch of a button.
- Does not play physical discs. Games are downloaded and ready to play when you are; no need to worry about discs.