Are you dealing with slow internet speed due to your internet provider’s router? If so, then maybe it is time to look into buying your own Wi-Fi router. Here’s everything you need to know about the Rockspace AC2100 Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router.
What comes in the Rockspace AC2100 Dual-Band Smart WiFi Router box?
When you first open your AC2100 Dual Band router there will be the router, an ethernet cable, power adapter, and a quick installation guide.
Rockspace AC2100 Dual-Band Smart WiFi Router Features
- Dual-Band concurrent speed up to 2033Mbps
- 4*6dBi external high-gain antennas
- Supports 4×4 MU-MIMO 5GHz WiFi design
- Dual-core processor for faster and more stable processing
- Beamforming+ technology
- Broadband account migration without configuration
- Blank list and white list for network security
Rockspace AC2100 Dual-Band Smart WiFi Router Specifications
- 2.4GHz: 300Mbps – 5GHz: 1733Mbps
Internet Access Bandwidth
- 1 WAN GE port
- 4 LAN GE ports
- 1 USB 2.0
My Experience with the Rockspace AC2100 Dual-Band Smart WiFi Router
To start the setup, I downloaded the Rockspace WiFi app on my phone. While it downloaded, I plugged the router into the modem and power source, then opened the RS WiFi application. Afterward, I clicked “Add Device,” scanned the QR code at the bottom of the router, and clicked “Join”. Once connected to the router I was able to customize my WiFi name and password (you can change this at any time). I had to reconnect to the router due to the new WiFi password. Finally, I was able to manage the router through the application. Then it was off to test the WiFi speed and at various ranges.
- 5GHz WiFi
- 5 ft – 550Mbps Download, 52Mbps Upload
- 75 ft – 250 Mbps Download, 44Mbps Upload
- 2.4GHz WiFi
- 5 ft – 50Mbps Download, 47Mbps Upload
- 75 ft – 35Mbps Download, 23Mbps Upload
- Through 100 ft ethernet
- 675 Mbps Download, 64Mbps Upload
Disclaimer: All tests were done with Suddenlink internet at speeds up to 1Gbps.
I don’t care for the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi speeds, but at the same time, it doesn’t matter due to the range of the 5Ghz Wi-Fi. I like the simple clean design of the router and the simple UI on the Rockspace Wi-Fi phone application. For only $79.99 on Amazon, this router competes very well against big brand name routers for the fraction of the price! Overall, I love the Rockspace AC2100 and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a new router.
- Get the Rockspace AC2100 on Amazon for around $79.99 at time of this writing
- or get it from Tiktech store for $54.63 right now!
I am a reviewer from Oklahoma. I’m a passionate sports fan and love anything tech related. You can find me playing from Rocket League, COD, EVE Online, and Black Desert Online.