Fiber optic internet is one of the best types of internet that you can get. But, the ONT box only supplies the internet to your home; it does not bring with it a Wi-Fi signal. For that, you need to get one of the best routers that you can get for your fiber setup.
1. Netgear Nighthawk R8000P: Riverstone Networks suggestion for the best router for Verizon FiOS is the Netgear Nighthawk R8000P. This is a high performance router that will not disappoint anyone who uses it.
This router can cover 3500 square feet of wireless coverage, using its Tri-band technology. It is capable of handling up to 55 connected devices at a time. That might seem like a lot, but when you think about everything that you use that requires Wi-Fi, it all does add up. This capability is especially important for smart homes that need Wi-Fi for more than streaming movies or gaming, but need it for home security and other features.
2. Linksys Tri-Band: If you are more in the market for something a little higher performing than the R8000P, then you won’t be disappointed with the Linksys Tri-Band router. This is an 8 antenna router that allows you to move the antennas in the directions that you want them to be in.
This router will allow you to easily enjoy 4K HD streaming and gaming without any lags or buffering. Additionally, you will get 3000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for more than 25 connected devices. It also can reach speeds up to 5.3 Gbps, which is incredibly fast for any network.
3. ASUS RT-ACRH13: For a router that is more budget-friendly, but still works well with Verizon FiOS, Riverstone suggests you take a look at the ASUS RT-ACHRH13. This router comes equipped with the latest 2×2 MU-MIMO technology, so it will work well for online gaming, even at a less costly price.
You will also get both a 5GHz and a 2.4GHz bands, with speeds up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz and 400 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. As an added perk, you can get an ASUS Router App that allows you to make settings changes remotely and monitor your network when you aren’t at home.
4. Motorola MR2600: Another great router to consider for Verizon FiOS is the Motorola MR2600. This is a high-speed router that comes with four adjustable antennas that supply 4×4 performance on both the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands.
This router also comes with implicit and explicit Beamforming to help you focus where you would like your signal to go directly. It also comes with MU-MIMO technology, which is essential if you have any gamers on your network.
5. Linksys WRT AC3200: The final Verizon compatible router that we will take a look at is the Linksys WRT AC3200. This router looks a little different than other routers that you might have seen, because it is blue.
This router is an open source firmware, so you can customize the router however you would like to. Additionally, you will get tri-stream technology that can double your bandwidth from 80 to 160MHz. You will be able to enjoy 4K streaming without any concerns as well, making it a good, buffer-free choice for gaming or streaming videos.