CALABASAS, Calif – May 2, 2019 – Global videogame publisher 505 Games, a subsidiary of the Italian entertainment company Digital Bros., will bring the digital version of the gothic horror side-scrolling action RPG Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on Steam and GOG on Tuesday, June 18. The company also unveiled plans to release digitally the anticipated Igavania game for the Nintendo Switch™ hybrid console on Tuesday, June 25.
A new trailer highlights a wealth of technological advancements the game has achieved over the last year of development, demonstrating fluid controls, enhanced lighting, graphics and newly composed music from Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night):
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is set in 18th century England – a paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power. Players take on the role of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her body. To save humanity and herself, Miriam must fight through the castle while collecting, crafting and unlocking a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the summoner Gebel and the countless minions and bosses of hell that await.
- IGAVANIA LIVES ON – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- VAST AND DEEP GAMEPLAY– Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- HIGH FIDELITY 2.5 GRAPHICS– Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- ORCHESTRAL MUSIC BY INDUSTRY LEGENDS – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’smusic is an unforgettable experience.
- IGA’S BIGGEST CASTLE– Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- MULTIPLE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM– Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
For more information about the upcoming launch of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, please visit:https://discordapp.com/invite/bloodstained.
About 505 Games
505 Games, a subsidiary of the Italian entertainment company Digital Bros., is a global video game publisher focused on offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and skill levels. The company publishes and distributes premium and free-to-play games on leading console, PC (Steam and GoG) and handheld platforms as well as for mobile devices and social networks.
Publishing highlights in premium games include Last Day of June, PAYDAY 2, Terraria, Portal Knights, Laser League, Assetto Corsa, ABZÛ, Virginia, Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons and How to Survive. Free-to-play publishing highlights include Battle Islands, Gems of War and Hawken. Distribution highlights include No Man’s Sky, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Stardew Valley, Dead by Daylight and Inside/Limbo. Upcoming titles include Remedy’s Control, Indivisible (from the development team behind Skullgirls), Journey to the Savage Planet, and Koji Igarashi’s next project, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
505 Games has offices in California, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and China and Japan. The company works with a network of distribution and sub-licensing partners in all other markets. For more information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.com.