STOCKHOLM – June 4, 2019 – Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes today released the Urban Warfare expansion for BATTLETECH, taking ‘Mech combat to the streets. Featuring vast cityscapes, electronic warfare systems, and new BattleMechs like the Raven, BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare is available now for $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.49 MSRP and is also available in the BATTLETECH Season Pass.
Check out the Urban Warfare launch trailer
New street features, the return of forgotten technologies, challenging sight lines, collateral damage and maximum destruction await in Urban Warfare. Be wary of the hazards of city combat: explosions, floods and ECM are right around every corner!
Battletech Urban Warfare Key features:
- Urban Combat – Street brawls introduce new tactical gameplay challenges as ‘Mech combat moves from wide -open natural landscapes to vast urban sprawls. Every building in the new urban biome is fully destructible, so you’re never more than a few salvos away from a new line of sight, or the defensive cover of high-rise rubble. New hazards like destroyed coolant exchanger buildings and broken electrical transformers that disrupt targeting will drastically change the battle as you go.
- Electronic Warfare – The return of these lost technologies will forever change the 31st century battlefield. ‘Mechs equipped with Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) and nearby friendly units are obscured from enemy targeting systems, and immune to indirect fire. Meanwhile, ‘Mechs equipped with Active Probe can reveal, locate, and target enemy units that would otherwise be hidden.
- Two New BattleMechs – The experimental Raven 1X sports an advanced electronic warfare package combining ECM and Active Probe systems into a lightweight component. The Javelin is a compromise between speed and firepower, with close-range knockout power.
- New Flashpoints – A wide variety of new branching short stories that link together mercenary missions, crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and rare bonus rewards. The Flashpoints in Urban Warfare do not require the BATTLETECH: Flashpoint DLC to play.
- Three New Enemy Vehicles – The Gallant Urban Assault Tank sports a variety of weapons to fight at all ranges with speed and agility, the Packrat is a battlefield support vehicle equipped with a prototype version of ECM, and the Rotunda is a reconnaissance vehicle equipped with a prototype version of Active Probe.
- New Encounter – Attack and Defend is a challenging new mission type where your mercenaries must destroy an enemy’s base to stop a steady stream of attackers before they can overcome your forces and knock out your employer’s base.
BATTLETECH and the Flashpoint DLC are available at a discount on Steam to celebrate the explosive launch of Urban Warfare, with the discount available until Friday, June 7, 2019 at 19:00 CEST (10:00AM PDT). See all sale prices and read more about Urban Warfare here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/
I have been obsessed with computers, tech, gadgets and games since the early 1980’s having grown up on the Commodore 64 and Amiga computers.
By day I work in the IT Security Industry and have been in IT for over 20 years. On my spare time I am a Vlogger, Blogger, Streamer, Gadget Reviewer, affiliate marketer, influencer and entertainer. I am also an avid movie fan, TV Show fan, Anime fan, video game fan and fan of trying anything and everything new.