Everyone in the world utilizes electronic mediums such as external hard drives, mobile phones, computer systems, memory cards; flash drives, and pen drives etc, to store data & information. The data may include photos, videos, emails, documents, applications, and games etc. Anyone can easily lose data from these electronic mediums and it can really be saddening for them. But with advanced data retrieval tools, it has become really easy for everyone to get deleted, formatted or lost data back. One of the most common data loss scenarios is the accidental or intentional formatting of hard disk and by using the right data recovery software we can easily retrieve data back.
Top Reasons for Formatting a Hard Drive
There are many reasons why someone has to format their hard drive and then perform a recovery process to get the data back.
1. Errors In Firmware
There can be many situations where you attach the hard drive to the computer but it doesn’t identify the HDD. This makes it impossible to access the file on it and you are required to format it and make it accessible again.
2. File Corruption
Due to an unexpected system shutdown or system crash, the files on HDD may get corrupted and the drive becomes inaccessible. So it needs to be formatted to access those files.
3. User Errors
This is also a very common scenario as the users can accidentally format the drive. An HDD can become inaccessible due to faulty installation of the operating system and formatting it is the only option then.
4. Other scenarios include a hard disk crash, uneven power supply, and internal system failures.
HDD Data Recovery Process
Mostly every advanced & top-rated tool follows a similar process to recover data from a formatted hard drive. The steps are as follows:
1. Firstly, you will need to download and install advanced data retrieval software that supports the data recovery feature from formatted hard drives.
2. Then you need to launch the software on your computer and choose the right recovery mode from different options available. In this case, we will select the ‘Formatted Data Recovery’ mode first.
3. After this, you need to choose the hard disk drive on your computer from which the data needs to be retrieved, for example, Local Disk D. If the data needs to be retrieved from an external HDD, then you need to connect it to the computer and select it to proceed.
4. A quick scan will be performed by the software to find the desired files & data you want to retrieve. In case the desired files & data are not shown in the quick scan results, you can then select the deep scan or all-around-recovery mode to get more detailed results.
5. After checking the files through the preview option, you can select the files that you want to be recovered and then click on ‘Recover’ button to begin the recovery process.
Top Tips to Safely Format HDD
The process of formatting a hard drive is quite simple and easy to perform but you need to keep few things in mind to safely format it. Here are the top tips to follow:
- Make sure that the computer system has a backup power supply to avoid a sudden shutdown. If you are using a laptop, make sure the charger is plugged in and turned on.
- Run a virus scan on your computer drives or the external HDD, whichever you want to format. By removing the viruses, the chances of data corruption are completely eliminated and your files are left intact for being recovered later.
- Always ensure that the initial file system and the formatted file system are both similar to avoid data loss. The alteration in the file system can often make the files inaccessible or unusable.
- Always take a backup of the data as it will help in restoring everything more easily. You can either store the backup online or in another external HDD.
That’s a wrap!
So this was everything that you need to know about the HDD data recovery process by using the software. You can easily find a top-rated, rich featured and advanced data retrieval tool online by checking reviews posted by previous users.