When I was talking about getting a Google Nexus 7 Next Generation for my kids as presents this year, Anker saw my message and wondered if I could review their latest Google Nexus 7 Synthetic Leather case which has a great auto sleep/wake feature which turns off your Google Nexus 7 when you close the case cover.
Now, I didn’t have the actual Google Nexus 7 to review the case with the device inside of it, so this is merely a showcase of the case itself and the features that the case includes. I ended up deciding to actually get Kindle Fire HDX devices for my kids instead of the Google Nexus 7 so I won’t end up getting a Google Nexus 7 to try with the case after all, but I wanted to point out some things I noticed and really liked about the case even without sliding a Google Nexus 7 into it.
First the price, this Google Nexus 7 2nd Generation case is only $7.99 which is a really good deal for a firm synthetic leather case that feels good in the hand (though is a bit smooth, I tend to like textured cases).
Second, look at Anker’s warranty with this case, it is a lifetime replacement warranty and incredible and worth it alone.
At Anker, we back our line of cases with a lifetime warranty. That means, no matter how long you’ve used it, we’ll offer you a quick, no-hassle REPLACEMENT OR REFUND if:
– the case does not fit your device
– your case sustains wear and tear, is scratched or breaks during normal use
– the case you selected cannot fully protect your device
This Next Generation Google Nexus 7 case from Anker features the following:
- Custom-made for Google Nexus 7 2nd generation (2013 edition).
- Durable smart cover features an auto sleep/wake mode for your Nexus 7 2, triggered by opening and closing the lid.
- Precise cutouts allow full access to all functions, such as charging port, speakers, buttons and and more.
- Exterior sturdy synthetic leather with rugged stitching effectively resists scratches, wear and water. Interior, shed-free microfibre protects your device from possible scratches.
- Two viewing angles for comfortable viewing, gaming or typing. Simply open or close the magnetically attached case lid.
It has all the appropriate cut out holes to make sure you can charge your device and use it as a stand as well. Though I couldn’t see if it can shut off a Google Nexus 7 with the auto sleep/wake function I know how it works by looking at the case. There are little magnets embedded in the case cover and body at the right top and left. These magnets make it so when you close the case it snugly and firmly holds itself shut. These magnets also trigger the Nexus 7 to go into sleep mode when the magnet is in close proximity (nearly touching) the Nexus 7. When you pull the magnet cover away it awakens the Nexus 7 device so you don’t have to do any wake up pressing or activity to use it right away.
So I know Anker products having used many of them and the quality the brand stand for, and I can say this appears to be an excellent budget case if you need one for your 2nd Generation 7″ Google Nexus 7.
Now, since I have this case which I only opened to review and I don’t have a Google Nexus 7, I am going to give it away to 1 lucky Google Nexus 7 2nd generation owner. Just leave me a comment letting me know you own a 2nd Generation Google Nexus 7 and you would like the case, I will pick one luck commenter at random and send you the case to keep. You must live in the U.S. however as I don’t want to pay more than the case is worth to ship it.