Samsung recently announced its so called budget tablet Galaxy Tab 2 which features a 7 inch display and runs Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich. If you are proud owner of this tablet who wants to install custom recovery and root it then you have arrived at the perfect destination. Here is the a guide on how to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Disclosure: (Playing it safe)
- Neither I nor dragonblogger.com will be responsible for any damage that may be caused by performing these steps.
- Make sure your tablet is charged to more than 90%.
- This guide is for all three models i.e., P3100, P3110 and P3113.
- Backup all your personal data.
- This will void your tablet’s warranty.
- Microsoft Windows
- Enable USB debugging mode from settings on your tablet.
- Disable anti-virus software, firewall program and Samsung kies.
Download Recovery Module Based on Tablet Model and Android version
- P3100 (ICS) – 18.104.22.168> Download or P3100 (JB) – 22.214.171.124> Download
- P3110 – 126.96.36.199> Download or P3110 (JB) – 188.8.131.52> Download
- P3113 – 184.108.40.206> Download or P3113 (JB) – 220.127.116.11> Download
Instructions to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
- Turn off your tablet.
- Boot into download mode by pressing volume down + power buttons simultaneously.
- Hit volume down if you get any warning.
- Extract the contents of Odin in your PC
- Start Odin by clicking on Odin.exe
- Tick mark the box named auto reboot in Odin. If there are any other tick marks except auto reboot, just remove tick mark from them.
- Connect your tab to PC via USB
- Once it is connected to PC, it will be highlighted in yellow color in Odin.
- Now in Odin click on PDA and select appropriate recovery according to your tablet’s model and Android version
- Press start
- Once flashing is done, you will notice green color and it will be saying pass which means that you have successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery.
Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
- Put update.zip file in SD card of your tablet.
- Caution: Don’t put it in internal memory.
- Reboot your tab to custom recovery mode.
- Select the option which says select the file from external SD card.
- Select update.zip from your SD card.
- Let it complete its process and you will have rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in your hands in no time.
PS: To check whether rooting process was successful or not, just go to applications menu and find an app named Superuser. If it is present then you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Good luck and let us know how this worked for you and if you have further questions.
Don’t have a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 yet, pick one up now!
A young and passionate blogger who loves writing about Android and Geeky Stuff.