Last month Kingston released their new DataTravler Locker+ G3 USB Memory stick and they come with automatic data security which allows you to password protect the device so that it will lock and re-format itself after 10 invalid attempts are made.
The new designed USB Flash Drive also boasts 135MB/s read and 40MB/s write speeds on USB 3 with the 32GB or 64GB sticks. I am hoping to get my hands on one soon to do a review and confirm the transfer speeds, and test out the automatic data security and auto formatting. I will be testing to see if undelete software can recover the data after it’s formatted and test just how well “trashed” is the data if the device self wipes as well.
Here are the Kingston DataTraveler Locker+ G3 Features and Specifications:
· Hardware encryption: the best in personal security to keep your data safe
· Superior password protection: user sets a password to prevent unauthorized access
· Easy to use: no application installation required
· Versatile: works interchangeably between Mac OS X and Windows systems
· Secure: drive locks down and reformats after 10 invalid login attempts
· Stylish: durable metal casing with built-in key loop
· Co-Logo Program available*: customize DataTraveler Locker+ G3 by adding your logo and/or digital files and instantly increase your organization’s brand recognition. The Customization Program offers unique packaging, custom profiles, color adjustments, content loading and more, all with easy and convenient ordering.
· Supports: Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Vista®, XP & Mac OS X
· Guaranteed: five-year warranty with free technical support
· Capacities**: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
· Speed***: USB 3.0 speed: 8GB: 80MB/s read, 10MB/s write
16GB: 135MB/s read, 20MB/s write
32GB–64GB: 135MB/s read, 40MB/s write
USB 2.0 speed: 8GB: 30MB/s read, 10MB/s write
16GB–64GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
· Dimensions: 60.56mm x 18.6 mm x 9.75 mm
· Minimum System Requirements:
– USB 3.0 compliant and 2.0 compatible
– Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use****
· Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
· Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
* Minimum quantity required. Performed at the factory.
** Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide.
*** Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
**** First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
I have been obsessed with computers, tech, gadgets and games since the early 1980’s having grown up on the Commodore 64 and Amiga computers.
By day I work in the IT Security Industry and have been in IT for over 20 years. On my spare time I am a Vlogger, Blogger, Streamer, Gadget Reviewer, affiliate marketer, influencer and entertainer. I am also an avid movie fan, TV Show fan, Anime fan, video game fan and fan of trying anything and everything new.