Montpellier, France (Feb. 18, 2021) – Solo developer BenStar aka Benjamin Kiefer and publisher Dear Villagers (ScourgeBringer, The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk) have announced today that their new game Revita will release in Steam Early Access on March 3rd.
In Revita, players must climb an ominous clock tower through a series of procedural encounter rooms and past challenging boss fights on their way to reclaiming their lost memory. Along the way players will be able to trade health for randomized upgrades as the game dares them to live on a knife-edge.
The initial Early Access version of Revita will offer 3 different biomes to explore and conquer, more than 200+ relics for players to create their own ultimate combos, a customizable station hub to rest their weary bones, strange yet endearing residents to meet and vanity hats. During the Early Access period, the game will be expanded regularly with further content updates.
“The thing I love most about my all-time favorite roguelites are those really memorable moments when you’re on a knife-edge and could get the biggest reward or lose everything,” says BenStar aka Benjamin Kiefer, developer of Revita. “That’s why in Revita there is a big emphasis on a new mechanic encouraging players to constantly weigh up the risks and push their limits. The option to trade health points for extra items is an integral part of the game experience and lets players set their own risk-reward ratio.”
Revita Feature List
- Trade life for power: Exchange health for power in fast-paced glass cannon gameplay.
- Unique runs: Battle through an almost infinite variety of combat encounters in procedurally generated rooms.
- Endless character builds: Twin stick shooting, dashing and wall sliding are just the beginning – find power-ups and items on each run.
- Tweak your game: An extensive set of options lets you tweak Revita to your playstyle – slow down time, set an outline color for enemies to make them easier to track or choose the level of aim assist that feels right for you.
- A mysterious world: Explore an underground subway line infested with monsters and filled with colorful characters who will help you on your journey.
- Reclaim lost memories: A nameless child with no memories awakens in a mysterious clock tower that is connected by a metro system with only a vague sense of purpose, hoping to find answers at the top.
- HATS: Many, many hats. All the hats, really, to cover all heads and all styles.
About BenStar aka Benjamin Kiefer
Benjamin “Benstar” Kiefer, is based in Germany and the solo indie dev of Revita. As a self trained programmer and pixel artist with a loyal following on Twitter, Ben loves making bouncy and highly polished games with big attention to small details. His aim is to create rich and interesting worlds with fun and addictive gameplay that keep people hooked.
About Dear Villagers
Dear Villagers is Plug In Digital’s publishing label. It’s a warm-hearted invitation to join us in the little unusual neighborhood we are building within the gaming industry, a place where talented studios can unleash their creativity and where players enjoy distinctive and audacious games on PC and consoles, such as Edge of Eternity, ScourgeBringer, and The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos.