BOSTON – Aug. 1, 2018 – After eight successful months on Early Access, Star Traders: Frontiers has now launched on Steam! Updated more than 80 times – averaging one update every three days – Star Traders: Frontiers boasts deep strategic choices, a branching storyline, and polished visuals in a stunningly detailed procedurally-generated galaxy.
Starting today, the game’s Windows, Mac, and Linux versions have been fully updated to the latest developer build. Additions during Early Access include:
- 24 new types of ships
- 100+ new ship components to customize the perfect craft
- 2 new character Jobs
- 32 new Talents
- 56 new mission types
- 22 new contact types and services
- 10 new character outfits – with 15 new hats, helmets, and accessories
- 4 new story eras: Second Founding, Coalition, 3rd Century, and Crimson Pox
- Customizable difficulty: Play your own way!
- Save Slots: Restore your captain from 4 saved moments in their career
- Prize ship Talents: Capture enemy ships
- New maximum level cap – raised by 25%
- New unlockable content through clever play
“We’re thrilled to deliver a fully-realized version of Star Traders: Frontiers to our Steam players,” says Andrew Trese, co-founder of Trese Brothers Games. “The past few months have been crazy exciting and busy – from daily bug fixing to adding heaps of new features and content. We wouldn’t be here without the community, which has been absolutely amazing.”
“With Star Traders: Frontiers, we’ve returned to one of our favorite settings and put the player in command of a ship and crew. The story weaves together the relationships between captain and crew – and the adventures they embark on together. Each choice the player makes within the story dramatically impacts the universe and the lives of those who populate it,” adds Cory Trese, co-founder of Trese Brothers Games. “We set out to demonstrate exactly how Early Access should be done. We did it the Trese Brothers way – hammering out 87 updates, including huge new features and swathes of content, all without ever invalidating a saved game or pausing more than a few days between big updates. Throughout all this, we’ve also responded to every player thread on Steam. Yes, that might mean we’re crazy – but interacting with our community is extremely important to us.”
Take Command & Sail the Stars
Command your ship and crew as a space pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more. Take total control of your destiny as you venture through a vast, living universe. Choose your path in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife, political intrigue, and alien threats. Will you fly as a pirate terrorizing the shipping lanes, join the solar wars as a military captain, or track targets as a fearsome bounty hunter? The choice is yours in Star Traders: Frontiers.
Customize your ship with more than 300 upgrades. Journey across an endless procedurally-generated galaxy with a detailed simulation of political, economic, and personal vendettas. Every single crew and officer is a full character with personality traits, history, job, and talents: Watch them grow, manage and promote them, celebrate their victories – and perhaps even mourn their deaths.
From the Ashes of War …
During the Exodus the survivors of a great war piled into their hive ships and left the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp gates bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants – but it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep …
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades and build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Shape the crew based on player choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever – or battle-scarred and half-mad.
Pricing & Availability
Star Traders: Frontiers is now available as a full Steam release (Windows, Mac, and Linux) for only $1.99 (a 20% discount). On August 8, the game will return to its original price of $14.99.
Star Traders: Frontiers’ official soundtrack – which includes 33 minutes of original music – is also available on Steam as a $2.99 DLC: https://store.steampowered.com/app/912470/Star_Traders_Frontiers_Soundtrack
Star Traders: Frontiers
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/startraders
Forum – http://startradersrpg.proboards.com
Trese Brothers Games
Discord – https://discord.gg/xTQPfZv
Twitter – https://twitter.com/TreseBrothers
Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/tresebrothers
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TreseBrothersGames
Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/TreseBrothers
Reddit – https://www.reddit.com/r/StarTradersFrontiers
About Trese Brothers Games
Founded in 2010, Trese Brothers Games is one of the premier indie game development studios for desktop and mobile RPG and strategy games. With eight games on major game platforms and markets, Trese Brothers Games has over 3 million players … and counting! The studio is built on the combined skills of two brothers: Cory, the engineering ninja – and Andrew, the creative visionary. To learn more about Trese Brothers Games, please visit http://www.tresebrothers.com.
I have been obsessed with computers, tech, gadgets and games since the early 1980’s having grown up on the Commodore 64 and Amiga computers.
By day I work in the IT Security Industry and have been in IT for over 20 years. On my spare time I am a Vlogger, Blogger, Streamer, Gadget Reviewer, affiliate marketer, influencer and entertainer. I am also an avid movie fan, TV Show fan, Anime fan, video game fan and fan of trying anything and everything new.