Many different video editing solutions have come and gone. Very few survive today’s ever growing and demanding needs out of a video editing suite, though it looks like Wondershare’s Filmora might do the trick as it has stood the test of time. Let’s take a look at what it offers and see if it really is worth it.
There are a TON of features here, and I used many of them, but not all of them. I mention that because I will not go over every feature, but I will go over many.
I will start off by stating that yes, it is compatible with Apple Mac’s, though I am not testing the Mac version; I am testing the PC version.
PC System Requirements
- Supported OS’: Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (32/64bit)
- Supported Processors: Intel or AMD 1GHz or above
- RAM: 512MB and above
Mac System Requirements
- Supported OS’: OSX 10.7 or later (Full compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite))
- Supported Processors: 1Ghz or above Intel processor
- RAM: 512MB and above
Since this software will support both PC and Mac, there are different formats supported and I will mention them all here. Before I show them to you, please take note that their website is not always updated very well, so sometimes they might actually support more formats than what is listed here.
PC Support Input Formats
- PC Video Formats: AVI, DV, DIF, NUT, H261, H264, NSV, FLV, MKV, MP4, M4V, PSP, 3GP, MOV, MPG, MPEG, VOB, DAT, EVO, RM, RMVB, TS, TP, TRP, M2TS, WMV, ASF, DVR-MS
- PC Audio Formats: AAC, AC3, APE, AOF, AIFF, FLAC, APE, CUE, AU, AMR, OGG, WAV, DPE, MKA, M4V, M4A, MPA, MP2, MP3, RA, WMA
- PC Photo Formats: JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, JPE, GIF, DIB, JFIF, TIF, TIFF
- From Webcam, PC Screen and Voiceover
PC Supported Output Formats HD and SD
- PC Video Formats: WMV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MKV, MP4 Video (AVC), MP4 Video (Xvid), MP4 Video(MC), ASF, M4V, Xvid, DV, MPEG-1 NTSC, MPEG-1 PAL, MPEG-1 SECAM, MPEG-2 NTSC, MPEG-2 PAL, MPEG-2 SECAM, DVD-Video NTSC, DVD-Video PAL, HTML5, DVD-Video SECAM, MP3, TS, TRP, MPG, WMV, MOV
- Supported Devices: iPhone’s, iPod nano, iPod touch, iPod Classic, iPad’s, HTC, Galaxy S II, PSP, PS3, PS4, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Zune, Zem Archos and many many more.
- DVD Formats: DVD disc, DVD folder, ISO Image file
MAC Supported Input Formats
- Mac Video Formats: MP4, FLV, AVI, VOB, 3GP, ASF, MOV, F4V, M4V, MPG, TS, TRP, M2TS, MTS, TP, DAT, WMV, MKV, DV, MOD, TOD and EVO.
- Mac Audio Formats: AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFF, APE, AU, FLAC, M4A, MKA, MP2, MP3, OGG, WAV and WMA
- Mac Picture Formats: BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, ICO
MAC Supported Output Formats
- Video Formats: MOV, M4V, MP4, MP4 5.1 Surround, AVI, MKV, FV4, WMV, MPEG-2 Movie NTSC, MPEG installation2 Movie PAL, FLV, 3GP, TS, TRP, HD, MOV, HD, MP4
- Supported Devices: iPhone’s, iPod Touches, iPad’s, PSP, Archos Player, Creative Zen Player, Zune and many many more.
- DVD Formats: DVD disc, .dvdmedia, ISO, DVD Folder
Ok, so it looks like it can take just about any format and output to any format and device, as you would expect a decent video editor would do. Now that we are through with that, let’s get back into the software itself.