CALABASAS, Calif – May 23, 2019 –Global videogame publisher 505 Games has opened digital and retail pre-orders for Koji Igarashi’s gothic horror side-scrolling action RPG Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and PC (Steam and GOG). The highly anticipated game will release digitally worldwide for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and on PC on Tuesday, June 18, while PlayStation 4 and Xbox One retail versions will hit the shelves of major retailers in Europe on June 21. The digital release for the Nintendo Switch™ hybrid console will follow on Tuesday, June 25 at the Nintendo eShop, with retail version which will follow on June 28. All standard versions will be priced at £34.99.
Beginning today for a limited time only, players who pre-order Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on Steam will receive a 10 percent discount off their copy. PlayStation 4 players who pre-order the game digitally from the PlayStation Store will receive an exclusive Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night dynamic theme with current PlayStation Plus subscribers enjoying an additional benefit of 10 percent off. 505 Games is also pleased to offer players and collectors an option to pre-order physical copies of the game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™ comes with an exclusive collectors Novobox futurepak and is available exclusively through pre-order at GAME retail stores.Pre-Orders for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will become available on a variety of digital storefronts throughout the day, including:
- Steam for PC (Digital)
- GOG for PC (Digital)
- PlayStation Store (Digital):
- Xbox Games Store (Digital):
- Nintendo eShop (Digital): TBC
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is set in 18th century England – a paranormal force has summoned a demon-infested castle, revealing crystal shards infused with tremendous magical power. Players take on the role of Miriam, an orphan scarred by an alchemist curse which slowly crystallizes her body. To save humanity and herself, Miriam must fight through the castle while collecting, crafting and unlocking a vast array of weapons, equipment and loot to defeat the summoner Gebel and the countless minions and bosses of hell that await.
- IGAVANIA LIVES ON – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side-scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- VAST AND DEEP GAMEPLAY – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- INSANE REPLAY VALUE – In addition to a sprawling single player story experience with alternate endings, almost a dozen extra game modes will be released post launch as free updates, including online & local co-op and vs. modes, roguelike mode, boss rush, chaos mode and nightmare difficulty to name a few.
- HIGH FIDELITY 2.5 GRAPHICS – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side-scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- ORCHESTRAL MUSIC BY INDUSTRY LEGENDS – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
- IGA’S BIGGEST CASTLE – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- MULTIPLE CHARACTERS TO CHOOSE FROM – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is rated 12 appropriate for ages rated 12+ by the Pan European Game Information (PEGI)[WC4] . For more information about the upcoming launch of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, please visit: https://www.playbloodstained.com. For more information about 505 Games and its products, please visit www.505games.com.
About 505 Games
505 Games, a subsidiary of the Italian entertainment company Digital Bros., is a global video game publisher focused on offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and skill levels. The company publishes and distributes premium and free-to-play games on leading console, PC (Steam and GoG) and handheld platforms as well as for mobile devices and social networks.
Publishing highlights in premium games include Last Day of June, PAYDAY 2, Terraria, Portal Knights, Laser League, Assetto Corsa, ABZÛ, Virginia, Brothers – A Tale of Two Sons and How to Survive. Free-to-play publishing highlights include Battle Islands, Gems of War and Hawken. Distribution highlights include No Man’s Sky, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Stardew Valley, Dead by Daylight and Inside/Limbo. Upcoming titles include Remedy’s Control, Indivisible (from the development team behind Skullgirls), Journey to the Savage Planet, and Koji Igarashi’s next project, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.
505 Games has offices in California, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, China and Japan. The company works with a network of distribution and sub-licensing partners in all other markets. For more information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.com.