The competition between keyboard manufacturers is fierce, each one adding a new feature that many might not use, but you can brag about it. Then others copy other manufacturers designs and call it their own, and then some that come out with basic boring keyboards. Today I bring you my review of the Cougar ATTACK X3 RGBa Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, not a clone, not boring and no extra unneeded features here. Talking about features, let’s check out the features and specifications.
Features and Specifications
- 104 keys
- Guaranteed lifetime of at least 50 Million clicks
- Cherry MX Blue Mechanical Switches
- Roller Over Keys
- 6-Key Roll Over (PS/2 Mode) 6 simultaneous keys
- N-Key Roll Over (USB Mode) Unlimited simultaneous key
- RGB Backlights
- 9 Preset Lighting Effects
- 5 Mode Brightness adjustment
- 1000Hz Poling Rate
- 10 Programmable Keys
- On-Board Memory
- Anti-Slip Rubber Feet
- Cougar UIX System Software (Drivers)
- 7 Multi-Media Keys
- 10 Programmable Macro Keys
- Aluminum Brushed Structure
- On the Fly Mode Switching, allows you to change keyboard configurations quickly
- 3 full configuration profiles with on board memory to store them
- 8m (5.9Feet) Braided USB Cable
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
Let’s check out the unboxing
Aside from the keyboard itself, the box only comes with a User Guide.
The User Guide is actually a foldout pamphlet.
One side goes over the features, keyboard shortcuts and functions.
Short chapter, since there was nothing else in the box aside from the keyboard, so let’s get into the Keyboard itself.