After helping out a few clients recently setup EasyAzon and one of them earning money with their Amazon Associate within only a day of setting up EasyAzon and starting their first promotions I decided to write a post that shares some of the tactics I use to earn from Amazon Associate with the EasyAzon plugin.
These tips outlined in this post primarily apply to the EasyAzon WordPress plugin which is $47 dollars but well worth the price and I encourage everyone to purchase it and use it on their WordPress blogs. You get an unlimited site license for $47 which is a better deal than most other plugins out there which can cost in upwards of $99 for an unlimited site license.
Earning with EasyAzon
First off, when you purchase EasyAzon you have to download and install it to your WordPress blog. Once you install it you have to configure the plugin for your own blog and setup your Amazon Associates information.
- You get the ClickBank Receipt ID from your purchase of the EasyAzon plugin.
- You get the Amazon Access API Key and Amazon Secret Access Key from here: https://aws-portal.amazon.com/gp/aws/securityCredentials after you setup an Amazon Affiliate account.
- You get your Amazon Tracking ID from here: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/network/your-account/manage-tracking-ids.html
When you configure your EasyAzon you will want to use the following settings (you can pick anything for cloak prefix but stick with it).
There, your EasyAzon is configured and should be working.
EasyAzon in WordPress Post Editor
- Then just click on “Insert Info Block” and select center and insert. This will put shortcode in on your blog that will show the product and a link to buy it.
- You can just insert images (insert image link) without product details, this is a great way to find images for posts that also become affiliate sales images if you click on them.
- Or you can turn a text link into an image with the “insert text link”.
BUT here is the real trick, this is how you market Amazon affiliate products on Social Media.
This is your magic URL, you always use this as your base, just cut/paste this URL and save it in a text editor.
- This assumes you used “go” in the cloaking prefix, if you used another word then replace “go” below with that word.
- Don’t forget to replace “yourwebsite.com” with your actual website
- yourtrackingID is your Amazon Tracking ID from Amazon (or configured in EasyAzon settings).
You can also find your magic URL by inserting any EasyAzon shortcode, preview or publish the post and right click/copy the link on the info box, image or text.
Now, to leverage your magic URL you will want to save it in a text editor on your desktop so you can use it often.
Whenever you want to promote something on Social Media, just search for the product you want to sell on Amazon.com first.
Then take a look at the product URL:
Example, here is some aromatherapy soap.
You can see the ASIN# is the product code after the dp/ in the above URL it is B002NV8Y3E as you can see.
So just change your magic URL:
Replace the ASIN Code:
And then you now have a link that leads to your affiliate sale version of the page. I recommend using Bit.ly or Hootsuite Ow.ly to shorten the link and then write a message on your Social Media accounts talking about or “selling” the product.
Here are some examples of my own Amazon Affiliate products so you can see how several different ones look:
- Max Payne 3 Affiliate link:
- Kindle Fire Affiliate link:
- Samsung Series 7 Laptop Affiliate link:
You see how all I do is change out the ASIN number after the /com/ to be the product ASIN. This is very simple and easy to do and I make a fair amount of Amazon Affiliate sales.
All of these sales are done with leveraging the EasyAzon plugin and using the Info boxes on my product review articles as well as promoting on Social Media.