As with any Bluetooth Keyboard, pairing is a breeze, just go into your Bluetooth screen on your mobile device and you should see “Bluetooth Keyboard” and select pair to pair it. There is an on/off switch on the back of the keyboard and it has a connect button, but I didn’t even need to press it for it to be recognized by my iPad.
My only con with the pairing is something most people won’t have an issue with, I test so many Bluetooth keyboard products and they all have the same name, so the only way I can tell which keyboard is which is just by seeing which hasn’t paired yet and what isn’t connected. I do wish products would find a way to name their Bluetooth device properly so that you know what is connecting but as you can see from the above image this isn’t just an issue with the UtechSmart Bluetooth Keyboard.
The keyboard comes in a silver color with white keys and the keys are very soft providing a light tactile feel, this allows your fingers to very gently touch them but not too soft so that you get accurate keystrokes and I never experienced double key presses or having to press to hard to record a keystroke.
You can see that the keys are perfect for my hand allowing me to do full 4 finger touch typing which several other mini Bluetooth keyboards I couldn’t do.
Here is a video showcasing a quick review and me typing in action with the UtechSmart Mini Bluetooth Keyboard.
This ultrathin wireless Bluetooth keyboard which will work with virtually any Bluetooth device including iPad, iPad Mini, Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab and so many more tablets sports the following:
- QWERTY layout with 78 keys; Easy and fast set-up; Auto sleep/wake function conserves battery life.
- Super slim styling, comfortable and ergonomic design; Noiseless design;100% compatible with Apple iPad and iPhone (No app required).
- Special keys to activate iPad keyboard functions; Short-cut keys especially designed for Apple iPad 1/2/3.
- ON/OFF switch design for lower power consumption; Powered by 2pcs AAA Batteries (batteries NOT included).
- Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth V3.0; Frequency: 2.4GHz; Working range: 10M;Size: 11.2″L x 4.7″W x 0.2″H (285mm*120mm*6mm).
The product name itself is overkill and doesn’t show up as anything but “Bluetooth Keyboard” when listed as a Bluetooth Device but the UtechSmart Super Slim Mini Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard was by far the most magnificent mini Bluetooth Keyboard that I have reviewed for the price. For me the softer keys were easier type on and allowed me to type faster than I could on models twice as expensive. The key spacing was better for my hands than any other mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard I have reviewed and I can’t believe this Bluetooth Keyboard is only $18.99 on Amazon.com at the time of this review which is incredible for this capable of a keyboard.