Golf simulators are an excellent way to work on your golfing skills and improve your overall game, but sometimes you want to be able to have a little bit of fun without the effort.
We asked the team at Golf Simulator Buddy what their top 10 golf video games were. Here’s what they said.
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004: Our top video game recommendation is for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004. There are a few Tiger Woods PGA Tour games out on the market, but the 2004 was the best one. It combines digital swing control, with adequate challenges, and even real-time events, making it the best game overall.
- Links 2003: A close runner-up is the Links 2003 game. Released in 2003, the game has had several updates and modifications to keep it current. It also uses a pinpoint control system and an online matchmaking system that is excellent. Most recently, the game added control options for hitting the ball, career mode, and even compatibility with course designing software.
- Everybody’s Golf: Also known as Hot Shots Golf, Everybody’s Golf is a Japanese-made game that has been around since the mid-nineties. The game is not realistic, but it is fun and works well with multi players. There are 10 titles to choose from in this franchise since it came out.
- Golden Tee 2013: Golden Tee was originally an arcade game, but has since developed into something else. It has incredible graphics, but what is most-loved about it is the trackball control system that carried over from the arcade standard.
- John Daly’s ProStroke Golf: Another pro-golfer game, John Daly’s ProStroke has excellent motion control and will give you a first-person perspective throughout the game. It works best with PlayStation Move.
- Sid Meier’s SimGolf: Sid Meier’s SimGolf comes from the world of Sims. The game lets you design a golf course, as unique as you would like it to be, and then play it. It is unique, but a lot of fun.
- Mario Golf World Tour: There is an entire Mario Golf franchise that started in the late 1990s. Mario Golf World Tour was released in 2014 and is the best Mario Golf game to date. It has 3D graphics, both single and multiplayer modes, and is also just fun to play.
- CyberTiger: CyberTiger is an arcade-style golf game, but uses real PGA players. It is made by EA Sports, who also makes the Tiger Woods games. It has practice ranges, excellent animations, and even digital analog controls to give you an all-around entertaining game.
- Golf Story: Golf Story was made for the Nintendo Switch in 2017, making it one of the most recent games on this list. Unlike the other games, this one involves an actual story with an artful design. It is less golf-focused in some ways, but it is a refreshing choice when you need something a little different.
- Real World Golf: The tenth game on the list is Real World Golf. This game came out in 2005, but the controller is the big selling point on it. The controller is a golf club with gloves attached to it, so you actually swing in order to play. The gameplay itself is not anything interesting, but the controller is so unique that the game is worth your time.
While there are other video games out on the market, these are the best ones that you should try out first. We all deserve a little fun, so combine your passion with play and get yourself a golf video game.
I am interested in all things technology, especially automation, robotics and tech that helps change how society will live in the future.