Is this the fastest SSD around… well I am not sure just yet but we will find out soon enough.
Sleek sexy looking box, but it is just a box after all. What is inside might be a little more interesting, but before we get inside, let’s check out the specifications.
- Capacity: 1 Terabyte
- Model Number: WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0
- Interface: PCIe NVMe Gen3 x 4 Lanes
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Firmware: 102000WD
- NVMe Standard 1.3
- Controller: Pin House 3D NAND Controller
- Flash Memory Type: SanDisk BiCS 3 64-layer TLC packages
- Sequential read: up to 3,470 MB/s
- Sequential Write: up to 3,000 MB/s
- Random Read IOP’s: up to 515K
- Random Write IOP’s: up to 560K
- Mean time to Failure (MTTF): 1.75 Million hours
- Endurance Rating 600TBW (Terabytes written)
- 5 Year limited warranty
OK, now that we are done with that, let’s check out the unboxing so that we can see what is inside.
Pretty simple little package, nothing much to it…. Which is good, because I want to get on this now.
OK, let’s look a little closer at this.
Continue: WD Black 1TB PCIe SSD Close up