If your machine still has an optical drive, or maybe you have an external optical drive, EVGA includes a Drivers CD. This disc not only includes drivers but a few other software applications. We will go over them here.
- Realtek Audio 8 Channel Audio Driver – 18.104.22.16804
- Creative Sound Core 3D – 22.214.171.1246
- Intel Chipset Device Software
- dotNet 4.5 Framework
- Intel Graphics Driver – 126.96.36.19950
- Intel Rapid Storage
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology – 188.8.131.520
- Intel Network Connections Software – 21.1
- KillerSuite – 184.108.40.206
- Intel Management Engine Components – 220.127.116.119
- 32/64bit F6 drivers – 18.104.22.1680
- Marvell Magni Drivers – 22.214.171.1248
- Thunderbolt – 126.96.36.199
- Asmedia USB Host Controller Driver – 188.8.131.52
There are aspects of the drivers that will not work on this board since it is a general disc made for the Z270 Stinger, FTW K and Classified K boards. Most of the drivers will work for all the boards but for example the Creative Sound Core 3D drivers will only work on the Z270 Classified K board since the FTW K and Stinger have Realtek audio.
Prior to reviewing this board, I was using the EVGA Classified X99 board which had Creative Audio. Between this Z270 FTW K and the X99 Classified board I can tell you first hand, the Creative Audio makes such a huge difference, it sounds so much better.
This was the wallpaper for example, for the FTW K comes in the following resolutions 640×480, 800×600, 1024×768, 1280×960 and 1920×960.
For the Z270 Classified, its comes in 640×480, 800×600, 1024×768, 1280×960 and 1920×960 resolutions as well.
After everything is installed, we need to perform some benchmarks at base settings so that we can see how well our overclocks work afterwords.